Historic Re-enacting

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Historic Re-enacting

Post by Jimster »

Went to a French & Indian war reenactment today and didn’t participate in battle but dressed the part of an American colonial militia. Carried my .62 cal Jaeger rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Historic Re-enacting

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Now most of those one sees in re-enactments look like they are, unh, stretching it (the uniform, that is) a bit. You are slim and trim! Looks great, right down to the glasses.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yup! Plenty of plump “reenactors” popping their waistcoat buttons😁. I think only the wealthy had the luxury of becoming fat back in those days. Now the opposite is true.
Thanks for the compliment.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree with the superb look and for all I know detail & accuracy of the entire picture.
You cut a noble and stoic figure Mr Jimster, Im sure another accurate reflection of a man at the time facing an uncertain future against a savage enemy.
A long time ago I had a .50 Muzzle loader (reproduction) that was a hell of the thing to fire.We ran fire and reload contests on muzzle loaders and the pressure unopposed was bad enough, let alone with a screaming & running enemy :poop:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you, friend. Too many hobbies, too little time.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 am Went to a French & Indian war reenactment today and didn’t participate in battle but dressed the part of an American colonial militia. Carried my .62 cal Jaeger rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking very good indeed, very nicely done
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I was at a WWII reenactment weekend this summer and both sides looked very well fed!
You are doing a good job looking like a proper militiaman. But hey, isn't that the "puffy shirt" from Seinfeld?!
I worked at an1830s agriculture homestead historical site for 2 years in university, and those heavy cotton placket style shirts were the best!
Mike.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 am Went to a French & Indian war reenactment today and didn’t participate in battle but dressed the part of an American colonial militia.
So, a kind of curried snail hotdog feel :think:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Off topic”