Blackpool Model Show 14th & 15th October 2023

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Blackpool Model Show 14th & 15th October 2023

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh, and I was so close (compared to being here in the US) and yet so far (busy touring Scotland). The photos make me sad that I missed such fun. Does anyone know the story on the M4 Sherman in diapers? :haha: That would make an interesting version to celebrate D-Day.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

The Sherman in diapers as you put it is my DD Sherman, took it to Blackpool to test it ,see if it would swim , the answer is it worked nice swim round the pond and didnt sink. Or get too wet inside but the skirt did leak a bit due to water pressure when pushing through the water. Have the solution to fix that and a couple of other bits that didnt work just right bit of radio interference need to move stuff around inside.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I know that the first time I saw a photo of a DD Sherman, I laughed, finding it risible. I can only imagine the crews' reaction when they were told that they would come ashore in such a contraption. Yet it worked, and now you have made it work in 1/16 RC. Bravo Bravo Bravo to you for such an accomplishment. Above all, I have always felt respect to all who courageously suffered in WWII opposing the horror of tyranny (including my own father).
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

If you have a leaky skirt you have an authentic Sherman DD, the canvas skirts of the real thing after spending months exposed to the elements would have almost certainly leaked when up against the pressure of the tide, and bullets
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Exhibitedbrute wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:48 am If you have a leaky skirt you have an authentic Sherman DD, the canvas skirts of the real thing after spending months exposed to the elements would have almost certainly leaked when up against the pressure of the tide, and bullets
I said the same thing to Pete when we were splashing around in the water lol
I reckon he should leave it leaky for authenticity
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Exhibitedbrute