Banggood 1/16 Piper Cub.

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
jarndice
Colonel

Banggood 1/16 Piper Cub.

Post by jarndice »

If you run WW2 American armour then a 1/16 r/c Piper Cub must be on your list of must haves, :thumbup:
Banggood sell this at £160.00 including postage.
Comes with novice friendly software almost ready to fly complete with battery and transmitter,
After a little detailing with a paintbrush it would look a winner.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Banggood 1/16 Piper Cub.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:41 pm If you run WW2 American armour then a 1/16 r/c Piper Cub must be on your list of must haves, :thumbup:
Banggood sell this at £160.00 including postage.
Comes with novice friendly software almost ready to fly complete with battery and transmitter,
After a little detailing with a paintbrush it would look a winner.
Hi my old friend. A neighbour and friend of mine ordered it for 100 Eur posted like two months ago. Wait a bit till the price goes back to normal.

I had it in my hands, and even when it looks OK, comes with included gyro, and also is straight compatible with hobby grade radios, his plane ended somehow defective. Since the beginning, one of the servos did not work, and after trying others, all ended burning. He painted it in british colours and decided to keep it as a static piece.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rad, There were very few in service with the British who had their own very useful Taylorcraft Auster already in service (I was given my first flying lessons in a DHC2 Beaver by Captain "Red" Meaton Army Air Corp who flew Austers from Japan to South Korea in the Korean War, "Hero" :thumbup: ) but the Germans relieved at least two from a Danish Flying club and placed them in service with the Luftwaffe so a Piper Cub (Grasshopper) could be placed realisticaly in a diorama with Tigers and PZ4s.
Certainly what I will be doing after its first flight is to rub it all over with acrylic thinners then a coat of Tamiyas TS5 Olive Drab before using a set of Pentel Paint Pens and a set of stencils to renumber it.
There will of course be the usual number of photographs :haha:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Now you mention stencils, I did the british stencils for my friend's Piper, if you need some, let me know!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think I am alright this time BUT I will of course keep you in mind my friend.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Gee Jarndice, I don't need you encouraging divergences into aircraft. I've already been looking at the ERA C189 for GBP140.

tankme

Post by tankme »

Every 80's action TV series had a Bell helo with rocket pods flown by the bad guys...
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Sure did, but I would go Blackhawk Down Little Bird.

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Encourage ???
Hardly,
I have lost too many R/C and freeflight aircraft to wind and trees (Why do they deliberately place themselves in front of my aircraft :poop: ) But a 1/16 r/c Piper Cub of the same era as Shermans and Pershings seemed like a no brainer,I have worked with military communications aircraft and just like the Cub they would turn up in the front of an action so that commanders could get a personal heads up so having one in a diorama is quite fitting :thumbup:
As to helicopters I am a very happy pilot of an r/c helicopter but at 1/43 it is a seperate activity to my 1/16 trucks and armour,
The Hughes/Bell 500/ERA/C189 is also not compatible as it is 1/28 scale indeed finding 1/16 r/c aircraft is quite a challenge mores the pity. :thumbdown:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I ordered my 1/16 r/c piper cub 8 days ago and it arrived yesterday which for a product coming from China is most impressive :thumbup: .
To get it properly assembled it should have 8 screws unfortunately whilst the fuselage, mainplane, elevators,undercarriage, spare propellor, screw driver, hex key, USB charging cable , rechargeable battery and instructions and decal sheet all came and in very good condition NO SCREWS :thumbdown: .
Not a problem as I am quite sure I can find replacements and probably better quality in one of many boxes in the workshop But it is annoying :headbang:
So do check if you decide to buy one of these little aircraft,
I have managed to dry build it and it goes together well, All the screw holes line up and everything feels secure so all in all not a bad little bird just a pity about the absent screws :/

Return to “RC Aircraft”