Imex High intensity flasher trigger issue

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Saddleup
Recruit

Imex High intensity flasher trigger issue

Post by Saddleup »

Trying to get the Imex High intensity flasher to trigger on my 1/16 M1 Abrams (all metal) Can Shou tank with CS TK16 main board, have barrel smoke and barrel flash with 5mm regular 2 wire led functioning properly , but was trying to get the Imex high intensity flasher to work with this system . connected 5V + (Red )and 5V- (blue ) to power and tried connecting the "N " black signal wire to neg on barrel flash on CS TK -16 board no luck getting to trigger flash , I noticed if I just touch (quick tap contact ) the Black signal wire to neg ground on barrel flash of board the SMD LED will flash , but if I connect and try to trigger from my transmitter it doesn't work .

Contacted IMEx and they have not provided any viable solution .

any electronics geniuses out there that can assist would be appreciated

imex led220230925_094357.jpg
imex led220230925_094357.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1464 times
imex led20230925_094408.jpg
imex led20230925_094408.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 1464 times
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
— Napoleon Bonaparte
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Imex High intensity flasher trigger issue

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good morning,
if I understand ? when you make quick contact with the black wire (N) it works, but not with the transmitter? so I think you need to take the Black wire in parallel, with another command (momentary) on the board or in the turret...for the card, I think you are talking about TK 6.1 and not CSTK16 ???
Thid ?
IMG_3095.jpeg
IMG_3095.jpeg (402.56 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O Sorry, error on my part, TK 16 does exist, just what is the electrical diagram?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I think that must correspond to this? so if you look at the right column, penultimate line, it says "Tank recoil Trigger switch " this is the cannon fire control contact, personally I would connect my black wire in parallel with one of the two contacts, You have to do a test to find the right wire on the trigger switch...which will be energized when the switch closes? otherwise will work permanently!!!!
IMG_3097.jpeg
IMG_3097.jpeg (375.04 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

on the other hand you have to be sure of the polarity of the control wire (black)? more or less...personally on certain Taigen tanks there was this system (photo attached) to activate a servo with a V3 board and it was a black wire connected to the plus (Chinese logic?) at the switch output to function, hence my deduction for your module
IMG_3098.png
IMG_3098.png (98.5 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
tankme

Post by tankme »

I know on the Clarks and the TCB the trigger wires are not needed, but they have a specific port for the 3-ping connector left once removing the trigger wires. I don't see that here. All three wires are required for the high intensity unit to function correctly. Looking at the connectors on the TK16, I don't see a way to do it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Personally, for the servo reversing module (photo) it was Dominique, RC Tank.de to whom I asked the question (connection) who told me how it worked!! and our friend's module, strongly resembling the same principle? Hence my deduction... there is a Flash output (led 2 ) on the board, perhaps by retrieving the information on one of the two wires? the problem will be, the risk of mixing tensions and polarities?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

There are some explanations (connection problems) of this type of card on the forum, in the "Electronics" post, and I find it strange that the documentation for a TK 16 is not identical? would there be several models? in fact on this one, there is a 3-pin socket (P21) for a Xenon flash? mystery
IMG_3107.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg (190.71 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Links.
viewtopic.php?t=32082
tankme

Post by tankme »

The pics I saw on AliExpress of the TK16 did not have that 3-pin connector for the Xenon bulb. My guess is that the "2020" reference on the english version posted is the revision date of the board. Just a guess though. You do have to be careful messing around with the pins on these high voltage LED emitters. I smoked one by connecting the wires in the wrong order.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Saddleup
Recruit

Post by Saddleup »

CS TK-16 (2020) NO LONGER HAS 3 PIN (P21) the correct diagram is AS PER "Jofaur86" picture in post above is correct module , but connecting the signal wire from High intensity flash module to
LED 2 flash port negative , momentary contact triggers and gets a flash, connecting it to negative and firing from transmitter gets nothing , also connecting signal wire to positive LED 2 does nothing ,
but reverting back to 5mm standard 2 wire LED works, still hoping to find a workaround to trigger this correctly.

NOTE from my picture in post above ,IMEX has this wired as B+ as positive RED wire , B- (negative ) as a Blue Wire and N (signal) as Black wire , very strange choice of wire color ,
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
— Napoleon Bonaparte

Return to “Other electronics”