1/72 1948 Ford G8TA by PST

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

1/72 1948 Ford G8TA by PST

Post by PainlessWolf »

After my back injury in January of this year followed up by another bout of Covid brought back from Florida last month...Well, I had plans to start out by working on the 1/6 Stuart again but all of this nonsense has me starting out again in a much smaller scale. This little PST Semi caught my eye a few years back and has been in the Model stock since then. Looking at the work of guys online like Plasmo and Night Shift, I wanted to see what I could _still_ do with a small scale truck. No Dioramas just a fun little build. I have it built up to the primer and paint stage and will continue from there.
1.72 PST 1948 G8TA.jpg
1.72 PST 1948 G8TA.jpg (185.13 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Simplified Instructions ... The entire Trailer Sprue had no parts numbers on it at all....jpg
Simplified Instructions ... The entire Trailer Sprue had no parts numbers on it at all....jpg (169.19 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Parts casting varies from clean to weird ... It is obvious that this kit is made up using parts for a larger dual axle tractor semi....jpg
Parts casting varies from clean to weird ... It is obvious that this kit is made up using parts for a larger dual axle tractor semi....jpg (221.63 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Cab components can be cleaned up and additional details added.jpg
Cab components can be cleaned up and additional details added.jpg (176.73 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Size is small ... Whew!.jpg
Size is small ... Whew!.jpg (166.71 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Simple yet neat....jpg
Simple yet neat....jpg (237.35 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Good thing that the trailer instructions are fairly plain with no parts markings available.jpg
Good thing that the trailer instructions are fairly plain with no parts markings available.jpg (174.12 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
What you get....jpg
What you get....jpg (326.08 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Almost to the Primer stage.jpg
Almost to the Primer stage.jpg (174.14 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Olive Drab will still be the color of the day.jpg
Olive Drab will still be the color of the day.jpg (166.45 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: 1/72 1948 Ford G8TA by PST

Post by sassgrunt »

That's very cool, but very tiny. Maybe you can use it as an RC model for one of your 1/16 (or maybe 1/6) figures to be controlling!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sass!
Thanks for looking in. This is a test to see if standing at the counter time is up to building and painting. Looking good so far.
regards
Painless!
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Painless, I bet the HO train folks love that one. If it were 1/48 (O Scale) I’d be all over it like flies on a cow’s behind. Now the important part is that you did it! Here’s to the therapeutic value of modeling!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Herr Dr.
I agree on all points! Some primer and paint today and a last bit of micro detailing should see it finished. Hopefully the Fabric Tan has not dried up. ;0) Vehicles from this time period were pretty much shot top to bottom and front to back with Olive Drab. Grease and dirt seemed to be the only tonality applied.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Glad to see you back in action, Painless. I'd been wondering where you were! The Ford looks like a comfy little project to get back in to the swing of things, and is cute as heck to boot! Best wishes for your recovery, you'll be ready for the bigger stuff in no time.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Thank you, it is good to be modeling again! I should have a finishing update on this little Gem this afternoon. Then. It's time to decide what's next! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening All!
Finished up this Mini Build with some Paint, Markings ( O.E.M. no less ) and additional Minor Details... PST takes a lot of fitting to make their models assemble together without big gaps, etc. The quality varies from model to model. Issues with this tiny Truck come from parts from two separate kits being used to make one new model. Overall, I am pleased with it. Like Sassgrunt noted, it will look cool parked next to my 1/72 scale Pershing...
Pics: No Longer Click to Enlarge since the Picasa Edit Program I used to favor got dropped by Google....
Paint Recommendations from PST.jpg
Paint Recommendations from PST.jpg (208.77 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Ready for Primer and Paint.jpg
Ready for Primer and Paint.jpg (188.27 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
In Primer.jpg
In Primer.jpg (231.88 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Headlights, Marker and Trailer Tail Lights added using scale parts from Little Lights based in the U.K..jpg
Headlights, Marker and Trailer Tail Lights added using scale parts from Little Lights based in the U.K..jpg (171.08 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Sections Painted, Detailed and Marked with the original Decals....jpg
Sections Painted, Detailed and Marked with the original Decals....jpg (231.06 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Trailer detailing includes the Tail Lights and a Retaining Chain on the Spare Tire Mount.jpg
Trailer detailing includes the Tail Lights and a Retaining Chain on the Spare Tire Mount.jpg (171.61 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Truck completed as far as my eyes and hands go..jpg
Truck completed as far as my eyes and hands go..jpg (211.05 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Natural Light smooths out the PST rough contours.jpg
Natural Light smooths out the PST rough contours.jpg (120.86 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Side View...I was amazed it all fit together as well as it did....jpg
Side View...I was amazed it all fit together as well as it did....jpg (145.25 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Tanks”