RUGBY WORLD CUP 2023

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2023

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Meter rat wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:28 am Crunch match for Scotland today. Probably already got their tickets home.

Ive never felt more Scottish than I do now !!
Jeez I hope you guys can beat the Leprechauns :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Some of us are realistic. 😂😂😂
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

WOWWWWWW !!!!
That was a game for the ages.
I freely give my heartfelt respect and admiration to the Irish team for being the very best that we had to face in the last several years.
To play that well and not win is tragic .

Now we get the Argies with a horrible human coach .

As a New Zealander from Irish ancestry today was a great day for the game and I was honoured to watch such a display of sporting excellence

:clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Cracking game, was rooting for the AB’s.

That was a little sweet revenge for SA.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well its done.
The tickets to the lottery have been bought.................now its up to the final draw to pick the winner.
The Argies went out with a whimper, despite us having an awful day with the boot. Lucky we can make things happen in other ways.

The English..............well the game plan was true to form, but the result was heart stopping.
Rain helped set the theme, and old Farrell had no shame in keeping things ugly to get points & it almost worked.

The Springboks.............struggled to adapt to the slow pace, but still know how to win the crucial moments.

Now we get to see who the reff will be which will set the tempo and interpretation of the biggest game in 4 years..............I would take Jaco Pieper over a northern hemisphere one any day :headbang:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

As my sweetheart and I sat in an Inverness pub full of locals, sipping our scotch whiskey, we saw a bit of one of these Rugby matches. Rough stuff, but maybe not so dangerous as US football.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

They wear crash suits and helmets in American football - that’s safety lol
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:57 pm sipping our scotch whiskey
I've been told that if you were sipping on a Scottish product, it would have been whisky. :D

Did you go to Culloden Moor?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I was windy, cold, and rainy at the battlefield. :sick: Fifty-five years ago I had been taught in school that the Jacobites were nasties who tried to overthrow the British king. The guide on the battlefield gave me a quite different impression: that the war was in some senses a kind of civil war, with Scots on both sides; and that the consequences of the battle included much Scottish culture forcibly shut down for forty years, with a number of Scots fleeing into the Highlands or even overseas where Scottish culture was preserved, altered a tad, and from where aspects of Scottish culture eventually came back as we see it today.

The real problem, apparently, is that the Jacobites did not have high ground, so they fired one round and then abandoned their Crusaders--unh, muskets. :eh:

Return to “Off topic”