BERGEPANZER III REDUX

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Re: BERGEPANZER III REDUX

Post by Meter rat »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:29 am
Shame one entire guard is gone but cest la vie.
A man of your skills surely could rebuild it?
A super, and unique model.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Meter rat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:25 pm
HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:29 am
Shame one entire guard is gone but cest la vie.
A man of your skills surely could rebuild it?
A super, and unique model.
Thanks Mr Rat, but Im not clever enough to replicate an entire guard run!
Plus, to a degree its a signature of its previous owner that I have to respect the intent for.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In some moments of calm, with running around at the tone of the bell to a sick Wife(but hey-its not Man Flu :/ ) and getting the kids thing sorted while she pretends she has Man -flu(and really doesn't) I got on with the various details that make this mechanics hack what it is.

Making use of a used CO2 propellant cartridge with is ass cut off, an old H/L aerial fitting, a PzIII tail light, and a couple of fittings out of a Night Vision scope set, I made an Acetylene bottle & reg :think:
While not 100% perfect, for what it represents she's near enough for this delinquent, mal-adjusted human.
I have an Oxy bottle that just needed a tidy up, and now the set is complete. No cutting torch yet, but that might happen.
Kind of wish now I didnt use up all the mechanics tools on my KV2 build :/
Have a compressor on the rear deck, & used a short length of insulated wire as its hose wrapped around it, and the beam on one side. Really getting together now.
The beam clamps were made out of P.E. sprue scrap & some nut heads recovered from my StuG build front plate. The beam made from square balaswood & washed with a MIG 1001 Afria Korps Wash then sanded a bit to lighten.
Finally found a good use for a Tiger engine that was printed years ago, now painted and on a pallet. Thats still not secured but once I get some lashing points in the top box it will be I think.
IMG_2442.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_2443.jpeg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2446.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_2448.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_2449.jpeg
IMG_2449.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 805 times
IMG_2450.jpeg
IMG_2450.jpeg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 793 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Whenever my lady says why dont you get rid of all that rubbish I point out that it will all come in useful one day and just in time like the 7th cavalry Herman comes over the hill justifying my story,
In the last unpleasantness the previous generation were told to make do and mend I now know exactly what they meant.
Brilliant work Herman most impressed.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

You are very, very creative my friend. ,in the future when I am creating or altering a part, I need to remind myself that what I need to do is bloody easy compared to what you and some builders do so I need to stop the cursing. I know that will stop some back ground noise from my partner which includes the words [ Idiot and shut up] I must be a isolated case of this happening. John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:21 pm Whenever my lady says why dont you get rid of all that rubbish I point out that it will all come in useful one day and just in time like the 7th cavalry Herman comes over the hill justifying my story,
In the last unpleasantness the previous generation were told to make do and mend I now know exactly what they meant.
Brilliant work Herman most impressed.
:{ Thanks Mr Jarndice, its just by being geographically disadvantaged that forces improvisation.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

John Glover wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:29 pm You are very, very creative my friend. ,in the future when I am creating or altering a part, I need to remind myself that what I need to do is bloody easy compared to what you and some builders do so I need to stop the cursing. I know that will stop some back ground noise from my partner which includes the words [ Idiot and shut up] I must be a isolated case of this happening. John.

Cheers Mr Glover, I just do what I got to do to get it done. Im almost a Womble............... :shifty:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Underground overground da dad a daaa

The gas torch is somewhat made!
IMG_2456.jpeg
IMG_2456.jpeg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 739 times
Should be ok by distant eye once painted
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

In 16th, impressive!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If you squint it looks ok :shifty:
IMG_2457.jpeg
IMG_2457.jpeg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 728 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”