Mato King Tiger wiring question

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Mato King Tiger wiring question

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Hi All,
I have acquired a Mato King Tiger and am trying to get it up and running.
There are two loose wires on the upper Hull, a blue and yellow one. Can anyone tell me what these do?
When I connect everything up and turn it on the right hand stick on the controller does nothing but the bb firing mechanism fires continuously and won't stop. The tank moves about fine though. Maybe the control board and transmitter are faulty?
If anyone can tell me what the blue and yellow wires do I would be grateful!
Thanks
Tom
Attachments
20230719_141218.jpg
20230719_141218.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 822 times
20230719_141342.jpg
20230719_141342.jpg (671.23 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Mato King Tiger wiring question

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good morning,
1st question? Is it a second-hand acquired tank? because it seems equipped with Clark type TK electronics, if we refer to the Heng long wiring diagram? the yellow would be the common shooting and elevation motors, the blue being the power supply of the elevation motor. Also, are you sure of the correct connection of the plate to the receiver? as well as the correct use of the handles, the TK is not "plug and play" for these two wires, it is necessary to specify where they are connected? your Tiger is a ball shooting system!!
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Hi Jofaur,
Thank you for your help! Yes it is a Clark board.
Can you tell me where the blue and yellow wires should be connected? I can't work it out. Nothing seems to be unplugged and I can't see where they should go?
Thanks again!
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Hi Jofaur,
Thank you for your help! Yes it is a Clark board.
Can you tell me where the blue and yellow wires should be connected? I can't work it out. Nothing seems to be unplugged and I can't see where they should go?
Thanks again!
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

you have to follow these two wires, know where they go, or where they come from? on the white plug (red mark) disassemble it (2 screws) in principle should correspond to the blue / yellow of the 8-strand multicolored cord. elevation motor, which is in the turret of the tank!! to access it you have to remove the 3 screws from the white crown, I am attaching a photo of the original wiring (Heng long) but which seems to correspond
you have to follow these two wires, know where they go, or where they come from? on the white plug (red mark) disassemble it (2 screws) in principle should correspond to the blue / yellow of the 8-strand multicolored cord. elevation motor, which is in the turret of the tank!! to access it you have to remove the 3 screws from the white crown, I am attaching a photo of the original wiring (Heng long) but which seems to correspond
IMG-4802.jpeg
IMG-4802.jpeg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 792 times
IMG_2957.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg (597.33 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

attached is a link (old) of the Clark map, but with a lot of info already!!! I don't know what type of map is it? I would say TK 22/24 or others, in principle indicated on the solder side? it seems to me
https://www.battletanksnederland.nl/php ... =15&t=7031
tankme

Post by tankme »

Some of the Mato tanks come equipped from Mato with Clark TK-22 boards installed by Mato. Those two wires kinda look like the ends are broken off. I personally don't use the BB system so I can't comment as to where they might go, but if the BB function just fires constantly it sounds like the micro switch in the turret isn't working right or isn't connected. I can kinda see that there is a switch in the pic with a blue and yellow wire connected to it.

This is a great wiring diagram for the TK2x boards: http://clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx20/TK ... 20v1_0.jpg
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Okay so I don't have good eyes 8O Tank me, better than me, indeed it's better by enlarging the image. So these two wires would go to CN 3 of the plate, in 4 and 5 (no particular direction, it's a dry contact) airsoft switch ( in green on the Tkme diagram
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Guys thank you so much for your help with this. Really kind!
So to help me get this right is this where the wires should connect? I guess there is a plug missing too as well?
If I am right I'll connect it up and see if the right hand stick starts to work and the bb firing mechanism stop going all the time and if it doesn't I'll disassemble the turret and investigate further.
Thanks again everyone for your help!
Attachments
20230720_084502.jpg
20230720_084502.jpg (644.38 KiB) Viewed 776 times
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

I took it apart and traced the blue and yellow wires back here, not sure what it is though. Part of the firing mechanism maybe?
I found the instructions for the control board too and got the turret to rotate and make the gun barrel go up and down so getting there! The bb firing mechanism still won't stop firing though....
Attachments
20230720_110817.jpg
20230720_110817.jpg (416.71 KiB) Viewed 771 times

Return to “Other electronics”