Cheap Tiger 1. Not so Cheap

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: Cheap Tiger 1. Not so Cheap

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Meter rat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm
There is some good stuff from ECA. But the cost can be prohibitive to the UK.
I have a couple of parts ordered (I think) from ECA. I know it takes a long time for them to arrive but I can't remember from the last order if he actually confirms that the order has been received or whether one day they just show up.

Ah yes the natural weathering. It normally results in parts flying off and that is why I only use photo etch on places like the turret and top of the hull. Even the rear plate's stuff gets knocked off in my experience especially the mud flaps :haha:.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That sucks but nice video. Good to see Tigers operating in natural environments. Good driving skills as well.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:55 pm
Meter rat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm
There is some good stuff from ECA. But the cost can be prohibitive to the UK.
I have a couple of parts ordered (I think) from ECA. I know it takes a long time for them to arrive but I can't remember from the last order if he actually confirms that the order has been received or whether one day they just show up.
Yes ECA does have cool stuff.

Panzermech give John a call if it's been awhile. I had made an order in the fall last year and seemed to take longer than expected. I called and he straightened it out with no issues. I even got it before Christmas and all was good in the hood.

PM Me for John's phone number. I'm not sure if he wants it plastered all over the internet. He was super cool and responsive to deal with, he even sent me some extra goodies. He's an active enthusiast as well but I'm sure you knew that.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Tamiya Builds”