Main machine gun and aux LEDs

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Sherman1981
Recruit

Main machine gun and aux LEDs

Post by Sherman1981 »

Hi with Elmod fusion x my main main machine gun and aux gun sounds can be triggered independently. However both LEDs flash only for main machine gun switch. Is it possible to separate the two or do I need to purchase the expander board?

Also - some Sherman tanks have a search light functional on top of the tank. Is this possible with the fusion board to put this LED (single extra light) or do I need to purchase the Fx expander for this bit as well?

Thanks.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Main machine gun and aux LEDs

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good morning,
how many channels do you have on your radio? (8 is a minimum) Has the card been configured correctly? attached link of the blog of a member of the very competent "Rad" forum, on this subject
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... /my-radio/
Sherman1981
Recruit

Post by Sherman1981 »

Thanks for your reply. I do have an 8 channel remote. I assume I don’t need to get the extension it must be that my wiring is incorrect then. I even got the barrel smoke etc working but for some reason having trouble with these two LED guns
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:O question, your 8 channels are used? the more functions you want, the more channels you need, do you use a single switch for this function? or other commands ?
do you have the possibility of using an inverter, with stop position in the center, and of programming it in the menu of the transmitter!!
Sherman1981
Recruit

Post by Sherman1981 »

Single switch was used for the smoker on/off, one for headlights for example. But if I change that to the machine gun function I do get the sound working - just the led doesn’t function at the same time.

Both LED’s seem to be working on one channel for some reason - main machine gun sound.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good morning,
reading the Elmod manual, there seems to be only one MG output, so either get the FX Expander module, have you tried it, with each machine gun, but separately, one and then the other.. .
Sherman1981
Recruit

Post by Sherman1981 »

Yh thanks for your reply. I’ll have to buy the expander module then and try it.

Thought I would ask as most tanks have those two guns and u would expect new boards can accommodate that.

Thank you
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, any clarification please? you want to operate 2 machine guns and a lighthouse? because you talk about guns? I think the Expander system will be the most suitable...there are other solutions perhaps? but on Elmod, I don't know, because any error, connections could be fatal to the card.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

You can do this, but you have to do some engineering
you can fire either machine gun, but not both at the same time.
IMG-4791.jpeg
IMG-4791.jpeg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1059 times
inverter relay,on "Aliexpress"
IMG_2915.jpeg
IMG_2915.jpeg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Sherman1981
Recruit

Post by Sherman1981 »

Wow amazing. Thanks v much for your help. Ok I’ll check this out. That could do the job for the two LEDS.

As long as I can separate the two machine gun LED’s and sound to two switches then mission accomplished..!

I also thought to add a functional search light on top of the Sherman AND as well/ if possible have the 50 cal machine gun on top of the tank flashing with a tiny LED but that’s a lot of extra light sources…

I have one Sherman tank with Elmod and another with Clark tk 60 board. One with HVSS tamiya the other taigen ( 2 tanks total). Just trying to perfect them but total novice at all of this. Managed to add my own sounds completely on the ELMOD from YouTube etc and v pleased with the results. But electronics is something I need to improve on knowledge wise!

Thanks for your help

Return to “El-Mod”