Calling all Haya Centurion Owners!

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Calling all Haya Centurion Owners!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have been impressed by the Haya Centurion, and the instructions are better than any I have read so far for a mass-produced RC tank. However, the directions for running the tank with its Clark board are arranged by the switches, knobs, and levers (e.g. 'switch 3 forward and pull switch 4'). This is a bit tricky to follow. :eh: Note, for example, that in https://youtu.be/jXuduHnVK7E , Mr. Tank a Lot gives up and says he will "come back with another video" about how to run the Centurion. :haha: Maybe the instructions would be easier to follow if they were arranged by function (e.g. main gun or start engine soud). That way you can look up the function and then see how to do it.

So I created some instructions arranged by function. If anyone who has a Haya Centurion would be willing, I would be grateful if you might check my instructions to verify that they are correct, and in the responses here identify anything I have messed up ( :{ ) and offer suggestions for improvements. Here are the instructions for operating the Haya Centurion as I have revised them:
Run Haya Centurion.jpg
Run Haya Centurion.jpg (942.09 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Calling all Haya Centurion Owners!

Post by tankme »

Looks like Haya sells it with a different Flysky radio than what most of us use for a Clark board which is why that document confused the hell out of me. I personally would use it with a Flysky FS-i6S radio as it seems easier to use as far as activating functions.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

:think: I have a Flysky i6S, so that sets me to thinking. Of course, setting up the Flysky would still be a challenge for me, but not necessarily an unwelcome one. For now I am buried in the FAMO construction. Thanks for the idea!

By the way: the Haya Centurion is my first tank with barrel smoke. Oooooh, that's so cool! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I bought a set of metal wheels when I bought my Centurion,
What I did not know was that I would have to split the Original plastic wheels to remove the wheel bearings and of course I would need to split the metal wheels to install the bearings,
Of course the last phillips headed screw on the last metal wheel would not turn.
As a last resort I removed the tyres and placed the wheel in the icebox of the freezer on the assumption that the two dissimilar metals of the screw and the wheel will contract unequally.
Took it out of the Freezer and tried to turn the screw knowing it could shear due to the cold or the head could round off or it could come undone.
It came undone,
I shall now proceed further with the reconstrucion of the wheels.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I have tried a variation on that trick. I put one part in ice water and held a match near the other. The result: a comic failure--but with no damage to the parts.
ongbenghui
Recruit

Post by ongbenghui »

Just wondering, is haya centurion using henglong style gearbox and gun unit ? They seems look very similarily alike.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

I cannot speak for Haya, but I think I heard that Haya is the UK distributor for Heng Long.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Does anyone know if the Haya Centurion Wheels fit the Tongde Centurion ?
The Hayas wheels are retained by a self tapping screw the Tongdes by a Hex bolt but as long as the diameter and depth of the axle is the same that should'nt matter although if I was going Tongde to Haya I would have to tap a thread into the axle.
By the way I am talking metal wheels.
ongbenghui
Recruit

Post by ongbenghui »

jarndice wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:44 pm Does anyone know if the Haya Centurion Wheels fit the Tongde Centurion ?
The Hayas wheels are retained by a self tapping screw the Tongdes by a Hex bolt but as long as the diameter and depth of the axle is the same that should'nt matter although if I was going Tongde to Haya I would have to tap a thread into the axle.
By the way I am talking metal wheels.
Are you referring to the Road wheels ? The Haya wheels were two pieces, supported by 2 ball bearings (MR95ZZ 5*9*3), shaft of 5mm and secured by a M2.5 screw.

Because of the type of Head for the M2.5 screw, if it is a Cap Screw, the head is too small and the bearing will go thru, hence, you will need an additional washer.
I am fortunate to find a flat top screw head that I can secure it well.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have a Haya Centurion and a Tongde Centurion I like the Haya but the value for money Tongde continues to surprise me,
One of its failings it shares with Tamiyas Centurion and that is the string !!! tow rope, Hayas is a delight in comparison being made of braided metal, It looks the part and I have long wanted one for the Tongde,
I found a pair on E-Bay yesterday for £22 inc post I have ordered a set which leaves 3 sets left on E-Bay. :thumbup:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”