1/10th Brummbar

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/10th Brummbar

Post by baldrick131 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:35 pm A tad off topic from your great work: who's in the hutch behind that great wood table? ...bunnies...? tortoises...? your budget...?
It's our tortoise we keep him in a hutch to stop our dog eating him.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes, dogs and tortoises do not mix. I have two: a yellow foot (Chelonoidis Denticulata) and redfoot (Chelonoidis Carbonaria), bought to provide familiar entertainment to my late wife who grew up loving the turtles that came up out of the Illinois River. I am looking for a new home for them, as they are 11 now and likely to live much, much longer. Well, they do look a bit like tanks, no? They are a bit like tanks--stop at nothing; just knock it over!
Anna & Lara 01.jpg
Anna & Lara 01.jpg (387.74 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

To be truthful I have no idea what make or model it is as he was given to my daughter by my father in law when he moved house over 15 years ago.
Now you mentioned that they are like tanks perhaps I should print him a turret and take some action shots of him taking on my sturmtiger :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Given the voluminous rounded lower hull, my bad guess is "Russian Tortoise." I'm no expert.

https://www.allturtles.com/tortoise-species/
https://www.reptileadvisor.com/tortoise-species/

Mine don't need turrets: they load in front and fire out the back end.
clyde66
Recruit

Post by clyde66 »

I was thinking nice Zimmerit pattern on the tortoise.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

clyde66 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:02 pm I was thinking nice Zimmerit pattern on the tortoise.
I cant take any credit for it its all his own work :D
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

Now its time to get on with the top section and I started CAD modelling it up with the front and the gun taking priority.
As you can see its taking shape (It helps having a 1/16th model to work from).
The main fame at the bottom will hold it all together and the mounting holes match up to the original hull so no extra holes required.
it also holds the gun on a couple of bearings I had to use a shallow type servo so it would clear the gearbox below it.
The machine gun housing is made in 4 pieces and the ball swivels but is held in the horizontal plane. My plan for the barrel of the gun is to shape the end of a piece of 3mm clear acrylic rod and paint it leaving the ends clear so the light from an LED will pass along it.
And after a few hours printing and re printing after some tweaks the base section is compete (unless something crops up later)
I have also printed off most of the front parts of the assembly ready for the gun parts to be printed to check clearances and fit.
The two front armour plate parts Have been re modelled since these were printed to improve the join to help hide the fact it should be one piece.
So now I am waiting on the gun parts to be printed to get those assembled and sort any issues with movement and clearances.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

What a Big-Brain effort this is mate. Fantastic display of techno-wizardry.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:04 pm What a Big-Brain effort this is mate. Fantastic display of techno-wizardry.
cheers I really need to get some sleep the things keeping me awake at night.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

I've been spending far too much time on this thing but it's showing dividends as I have done the gun and fitted it.
I made this guns gimbal in 3 parts for ease of printing but it's just a scaled up version of the 1/16th one on my other Brummbar as is the rest of it also broken up to make printing easier .
The breach fixes to the barrel with a couple of small screws from below and the gear rack also screws on and that was incase any changes could be done without the need to print it all out again.
It's definitely starting to look like a Brummbar now.
phpBB [video]

And this is the result after hooking it up to one of my TCB's and setting it up.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”