HOOBEN T55 UGANDAN HILLBILLY WAGON

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

HOOBEN T55 UGANDAN HILLBILLY WAGON

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Evening folks.
Have several projects hit the front-of-list due to a quite sad result of an estate sale.
A Hooben T55 with by the looks, a Henntec tensioner and a few hand made cosmetic improvements.

Not really having a plan for what this might be, I went down the rabbit-hole and I think I might make this into a late Israeli Tran 4 (1972-73) to add a bit of point of difference to my collection of subject Tanks.

https://miniart-models.com/product/3702 ... late-type/

This one highlights the subject pretty well I reckon. Going to be a hell of a project, loads of things Ive not attempted to put on a tank, and even more of a deviation outside my familiar subject material for research and information.
Its not an M51/Sherman so the base subject is at least some sort of a favorite!!
Not knowing one iota about either Hooben or IDF armour, this is going to be a long road and one I hope to improve my knowledge of both.
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2276.jpeg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 6400 times
IMG_2277.jpeg
IMG_2277.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 6399 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Karl_Diesel
Lance Corporal

Re: HOOBEN T55 TIRAN 4 (LATE)

Post by Karl_Diesel »

Hello Mr. Bix,

I have built a Tiran 5 out of this Hooben kit, but I do not know a lot about Tiran 4. I think that the Tiran 4 had the original T55 main gun 100mm.
I am looking forward to see your IDF build.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
regards
the Karl

active vehicles :
- Magach 6B
- BTR-80
- M1A2 SEP V2
- Tiran 5
- SPz Marder
- M113 Zelda
- Dozer D9R

under construction :
- Type 74
- Leopard 1 BARV "Samson"
- Super Pershing
- WPL 4x4 Gun Truck
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Tiran 4 - T54

Tiran 5 - T55
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And the late Tiran 4 retained the T55 main gun & T55 features
The early 4s were closer to the T54 with some even having the spider web WW2 road wheels.
Anyone know where I can get a pair of .30cal brownings?? :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Look forward to this one :)

Hmm, must be some 3D printed wizards in Oz that can help out?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:04 am Look forward to this one :)

Hmm, must be some 3D printed wizards in Oz that can help out?
Well, there is a Ninja in New South Wales I know is capable, but hes still perfecting his lab !! :haha:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well after bouncing between projects like a demented Kangaroo (which is hard to say as a Kiwi) I have landed back at the T55.
I want to get this one back to a structured and staged build rather than a frantic race to get a thing presentable from a scrap heap candidate .First thing is to get the thing to move and function before anything else is done.

The formal research now begins.................
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Check my old T55 build out for tips :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

We finally got small stock of the V7.1 H/L control boards into Aus. Got one after a fair old wait. :/
Now I have been looking around for what to do with this in earnest(yeah, thanks Earnest) and the Tiran 4 version has kind of scared me off.
Too many sticky-outy bits such as .30 Cal and .50 Cal Machine guns, all sorts of other accessories which I reckon will get busted off even for simple battery changes.
Im not mind-made-up on how this will end up, but if I dont go with a Tiran 4, the options are still endless. Serbian, Eritrean, Ugandan, you get the idea.

Now Im off to get this to run ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://archive.armorama.com/forums/286141/index.htm

Ohh I think Ive found a subject that fits my bill !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Modern Builds”