JAGDPANZER IV SALVATION

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

JAGDPANZER IV SALVATION

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As with Mr Hugills restoration project, I have a similar one now. Estate sale.................
Not as bad condition wise, but missing some bits and nothing internally in it either. No hull locking screws so I knocked up a pair from old hinges and sprue.
Has been done in a late war/what-if paint job which will attract a repaint, but no Zimmerit planned at this stage.
Have a few ideas to decide on, but no side skirts or certainly no complete ones anyway.
Loads of these machines in period pictures even had the mounting brackets removed leaving open bolt holes showing.
Might do one that has a set of field modified skirts( less likely) or one that had a funky hard edged camo pattern in the late war base green style & no skirts at all
(highly likely)
Its going to get an Elmod board installed that is a recovery out of another project, that one will end up with a V7.1 H/L unit in it(if they ever get them into stock here )
I seem to have a thing for Tank Destroyers & this one is very much a fit for the line of others I have with the Red Star!!
Going to be ages before its ready to restore, but reminding myself this thing we do is not a race is vital to keep the faith.
IMG_2249.jpeg
IMG_2249.jpeg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 1433 times
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 1433 times
IMG_2264.jpeg
IMG_2264.jpeg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 1433 times
IMG_2265.jpeg
IMG_2265.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 1433 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Re: JAGDPANZER IV SALVATION

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Hey Brigadier Bix,

I think you hit the jackpot here. I do like your funky idea for this one as apparently did your precedent owner. You might want to push this one closer to the front of your restorations?
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Ken’s old beauty - you’ll do it justice.

Great tank to start with.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I'm loving this! You'll do her justice

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Looking forward to what you do with this after you create your magic. John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Another idea: a few replacement parts in red oxide primer and all new electronics: viola! A late-1945 JP IV. :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day folks, this one has "gone away to the farm" due to circumstances uncontrollable....................

BUT!!..........its replacement will soon be showing up & taking its place as an odd & rare build( well I reckon it is anyway ;) )
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

So I reckon you dropped it? Shame as it looked close to being a completed tank.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I recently dropped my M60A2 turret and broke the search light off of it...trying to find a good way to reach it that is strong so I know how that feels.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No lads, not dropped.............sold due to pressures in other areas. Life is what it is at times. If I could have it back-I would.
The new owner is very happy & I expect to see its very faithful return to life at some point.
The replacement I have will appear in the Other Builds section at some point, now I have a set of magnificent subject pictures to refer to and do my best to represent.
Still a JPZ 4, just a bit differenterer!!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tamiya Builds”