DGS Military hobbies IR Upgrades

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Dandyfunk3
Recruit

DGS Military hobbies IR Upgrades

Post by Dandyfunk3 »

Hello all, I was looking for some insight to the above IR units. Has anyone owned/installed one of these units?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: DGS Military hobbies IR Upgrades

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( Hello, there are no pictures? looking for reviews on IR battle systems? that's right ? for what kind of tanks? Heng Long, Taigen, etc or Tamiya?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I would contact mr DGS direct. He’s very active on most Rc Tamk platforms and a lot of his systems have been installed by guys in those other platforms successfully.
Dean is a straight up guy who is very good at what he does.
I’m sure he will be happy to assist
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Sorry, follow me mistaken, for info attached his site
https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby :thumbup:
Dandyfunk3
Recruit

Post by Dandyfunk3 »

Tanks for the input folks. The question that I am asking is who has done an upgrade? What product did you use? and was it a success. I was looking for feedback on your experience with the DGS product.
Thanks Breck
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Dandyfunk3 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:10 pm Tanks for the input folks. The question that I am asking is who has done an upgrade? What product did you use? and was it a success. I was looking for feedback on your experience with the DGS product.
Thanks Breck
There are some pretty active IR battle guys over on Hobby Squawk that have experience with this topic. I'll link it here- https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-ca ... r-emitters

Mr. Bix or other Moderators, if linking to another forum isn't cool I understand. And I'm sorry for doing so. feel free to delete it.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
tankme

Post by tankme »

I have a DGS system on my Firefly since I bought it from Dean. Works fine as that has a Clark TK80 in it. I've never done it on a HL controller as I usually replace the HL systems.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

MrChef wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:50 pm
Dandyfunk3 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:10 pm Tanks for the input folks. The question that I am asking is who has done an upgrade? What product did you use? and was it a success. I was looking for feedback on your experience with the DGS product.
Thanks Breck
There are some pretty active IR battle guys over on Hobby Squawk that have experience with this topic. I'll link it here- https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-ca ... r-emitters

Mr. Bix or other Moderators, if linking to another forum isn't cool I understand. And I'm sorry for doing so. feel free to delete it.
Any positive info from any source is fine with me. No one needs to be insecure about the real life fact that people look across a broad spectrum of fountains of information to get what they need.
Thanks for sharing, I'm certain that will be of use .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Dandyfunk3 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 am Hello all, I was looking for some insight to the above IR units. Has anyone owned/installed one of these units?
I have seen these tested and used a fair bit. The IR Receiver is top notch for a cheap aftermarket alternative to the Tamiya apple.
The IR Emitter LED is a good quality emitter. The emitter mount is designed for those that have minimal modelling ability (aka skill to mount in the mantlet, or other semi hidden fashion).

Like some, I like the ability to use my cannon elevation/depression to my advantage and prefer the IR emitter is tied to that. But is it necessary? Not really.
That being said, the twin magnet mounting system works on metal turrets on Taigens with mounting/aligning magnets inside the tank and on the emitter housing.

I do have the DGS receiver and I use the same IR bulbs that DGS uses in his kits. They work well.

However I cannot comment on the kit's usage in the HL system as I only run Clark boards.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Jarlath wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:49 pm
Dandyfunk3 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:00 am Hello all, I was looking for some insight to the above IR units. Has anyone owned/installed one of these units?
I have seen these tested and used a fair bit. The IR Receiver is top notch for a cheap aftermarket alternative to the Tamiya apple.
The IR Emitter LED is a good quality emitter. The emitter mount is designed for those that have minimal modelling ability (aka skill to mount in the mantlet, or other semi hidden fashion).

Like some, I like the ability to use my cannon elevation/depression to my advantage and prefer the IR emitter is tied to that. But is it necessary? Not really.
That being said, the twin magnet mounting system works on metal turrets on Taigens with mounting/aligning magnets inside the tank and on the emitter housing.

I do have the DGS receiver and I use the same IR bulbs that DGS uses in his kits. They work well.

However I cannot comment on the kit's usage in the HL system as I only run Clark boards.
Ok, something that I have read is the IR Emitter bulbs have a certain use "life" and need to be replaced accordingly. I don't know much about this and if it effects which system but maybe you or someone with experience with this could elaborate?
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Heng Long”