Haya centurion first look review, and it’s crisp!

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Re: Haya centurion first look review, and it’s crisp!

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Hi all
I just want to get started on mine, must get that t-72 done!.
I’ve gotten use to the controller now, I think it’s just that a lot of the functions work in 2 ways.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When you come to assembling the Barrel transport holder you will need a few bits not included with the Tank,
A metal Staple or a short length of piano wire, 4 M1.0 washers, A Sharp pair of Clips and Superglue.
Used in the hinged areas you will have a fully working holder.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks for the informative, and enthusiastic video. :thumbup: I must say, the finished product looks a lot more appealing than the early rough prototypes. Andrew has to be applauded for taking the risk, making the effort and brining the Centurion to market. He's been justly rewarded, I think, with what clearly looks to be a decent take on the Centurion. The option to morph the Mk3 into a Mk 5 is a smart one, and very welcome too! I wonder whether it would be possible, to marry his Centurion upper hull up with the Tamiya alloy hull and well-engineered running gear? Perhaps the relevant parts won't be as easy to obtain as they were for models of yore, such as the Tiger 1 from HL, Taigen, Torro and so on. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:08 pm Thanks for the informative, and enthusiastic video. :thumbup: I must say, the finished product looks a lot more appealing than the early rough prototypes. Andrew has to be applauded for taking the risk, making the effort and brining the Centurion to market. He's been justly rewarded, I think, with what clearly looks to be a decent take on the Centurion. The option to morph the Mk3 into a Mk 5 is a smart one, and very welcome too! I wonder whether it would be possible, to marry his Centurion upper hull up with the Tamiya alloy hull and well-engineered running gear? Perhaps the relevant parts won't be as easy to obtain as they were for models of yore, such as the Tiger 1 from HL, Taigen, Torro and so on. :think:
Thanks! And I’m desperate to finish the T-72 and get into this, want to make it up as the one on Eastbourne sea front.
Hope your all very well 🙂
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Thanks! And I’m desperate to finish the T-72 and get into this, want to make it up as the one on Eastbourne sea front.
Hope your all very well 

Would love to know where that Centurion went as I walked past that most weekends with my folks when I was younger.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

I know, I did a bit of research, and supposedly it was taken away by someone to restore it, but that’s it 😐
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Andrew Haya just sent me a brief video of mine, to be shipped over the puddle starting this week. I sure hope the shippers are careful in handling. (Ah, naive and foolish fellow! Be realistic! :/ )
:problem: The very short video Mr. Haya sent me is elusive. If I go through the "Attachments" function here on RCTW, it does not show up at all. If I just go to it on my PC, it's there and works well. It is a <.mov> file. Is that a type not uploadable to RCTW? :think:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Think you need to uppload it to a platform like youtube etc , and then share it here Professor
Drammen Rock City
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That was my guess, too, maxmekker. Anyway, the video doesn't show much that isn't already known. If it would be helpful to anyone, I will post photos when the Centurion arrives. Meanwhile, I need to start learning about the Centurion. Imagine that: a retired professor wanting more books! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Tank Museum sell Haynes "Centurion Main Battle Tank 1946 to present Owners Workshop Manual ISBN 978 1 78521 057 0"
Like all the Haynes Tank books it is good value but it could do with more information on the MK5 but it certainly covers most MKs especially the MK3.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Hobby News”