Scratchbuilt Churchill Mk.IV AVRE SBG

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Scratchbuilt Churchill Mk.IV AVRE

Post by tankme »

Wow...but how dare you leave those brass rods holding those petrol containers without threads... LOL Adding a wingnut with threads...hearasy. Just kidding...I have the same issues with some of my tanks. I keep adding stuff and never get them finished.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

MonsieurTox, your work is museum-quality, remarkable! The Churchill is the only British tank I knew until I was in my 60s, so to me it is the quintessential British tank just as the Sherman is the quintessential US tank. I am amazed at the quality of your accomplishment; I appreciate the close-up photos. Thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

A sensational result, Mssr. Tox! Some really beautiful details there, it's great to see what you can achieve when you push the printer to its limit. :clap:
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

tankme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:01 pm Wow...but how dare you leave those brass rods holding those petrol containers without threads... LOL Adding a wingnut with threads...hearasy. Just kidding...I have the same issues with some of my tanks. I keep adding stuff and never get them finished.
Haha yeah I've been lazy on these :D
It's a real problem, it seems I don't want to finish my models and always find a find a way to get the build longer... At the beginning of every project I tell myself "if I can do it that way, I'll be super happy", then once I found a way to build everything that I was thinking would be a challenge, I find something else to add. Or I find better reference pics of some areas and I have to rebuild these or imrpove them. :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:18 pm MonsieurTox, your work is museum-quality, remarkable! The Churchill is the only British tank I knew until I was in my 60s, so to me it is the quintessential British tank just as the Sherman is the quintessential US tank. I am amazed at the quality of your accomplishment; I appreciate the close-up photos. Thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you Herr Dr. Professor, that's the same for me, even if I was aware of most of the WWII tanks (my parents had a secondary house in Normandy so I visited every museums, every place with a tank that I could find !), there were only a few tanks that really represented that conflict for me as a kid (maybe because of the Arifix models I bought :D) : the Sherman and the Churchill (I may add the M10) for the Allies and the Panther, Tiger I and II for the Germans. Then later I became obsessed with the Hummel after having seen a buildup of a model in winter camo in Tamiya Model Magazine... and that makes me think I should finish my scratchbuilt hummel ! :{
Raminator wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:43 am A sensational result, Mssr. Tox! Some really beautiful details there, it's great to see what you can achieve when you push the printer to its limit. :clap:
Thank you Raminator, yeah it's great to be able to recreate what I have in mind and what I 3D model in my software. There are a lot of frustration when the parts don't turn out as good as hoped, somethines it's easier to build them the old shool way (I always think twice about how I should build this or that part). There are some parts that I couldnt have reproduced by hand like the air filters louvers. That's a fantastic tool. It's also a money saver, it would have a cost me a lot to buy all those rivets, wingnuts etc, and they probably wouldnt have the right size and shape. The Churchill was a kind of bedtest for new project regarding the rivets. Now I know I can print thousand of them in less than 20 min, I'll be able to recreate some WWI tanks. :) Now I have to buy some siraya stuff and do some tests to see what is best for their tracks.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A fantastic lead up to the final run to completion Sir. Such a rarely modeled Tank in the Churchill in our scale, let alone an AVRE version.
Looking in all the way here :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Well here are some beauty shots of it with the last coat of primer... of course I noticed I had forgotten to add 3 or 4 things :)
churchill159.jpg
churchill159.jpg (279.35 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill160.jpg
churchill160.jpg (205.36 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill161.jpg
churchill161.jpg (288.54 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill162.jpg
churchill162.jpg (245.03 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill163.jpg
churchill163.jpg (178.01 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill164.jpg
churchill164.jpg (271.81 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill165.jpg
churchill165.jpg (181.4 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill166.jpg
churchill166.jpg (269.85 KiB) Viewed 558 times
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

churchill167.jpg
churchill167.jpg (221.19 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill168.jpg
churchill168.jpg (246.6 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill169.jpg
churchill169.jpg (217.61 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill170.jpg
churchill170.jpg (230.09 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill171.jpg
churchill171.jpg (178.67 KiB) Viewed 558 times
churchill172.jpg
churchill172.jpg (208.84 KiB) Viewed 558 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

just :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cést Magnifique
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Awesome!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Absolutely beautiful, Mssr. Tox; it's amazing how a little bit of primer ties everything together and makes all of the details really pop. It's almost going to be a shame to paint and weather it!

Return to “Other Builds”