UNLOVED BUT EFFECTIVE- SYRIAN 'FURY'

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

UNLOVED BUT EFFECTIVE- SYRIAN 'FURY'

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day folks.
Due to a flurry of requests(nah-only a couple!) for me to do a very tired old Syrian Civil War T72, I managed to get a pro version down here that Thankfully does not have the ERA kit on it. No point for what Im doing with it.
V7 and all the running gear is metal.
Jagged a 15% discount on it too as Im a first time purchaser from these guys.

https://www.rchighperformancehobbies.co ... 2-rc-tank/

I have had a stash of pictures & web links when stumbling around looking for T90 ideas that I eventually went for a Ukraine T.O. version on.
The vast variety of T-series Tanks in the Syrian civil war is staggering. T34/85's right through to T90's and various other versions from all over the world.
Almost all of them have a degree of add-on armour ranging from old tyres & sandbags to huge slatted cages and balls on chains...............
T55's and T62's are enjoying a renaissance of form & function, and I have to hand it to the locals for their innovative solutions to the ATGM problem.

This is going to be heavily damaged, have a camo scheme that should be striking, and of course reflect the crews overt appreciation for Tank Action films........... :eh:
The cut off wheel and brass crumpling device will be running red hot.
I can just her Mrs B's voice now.........................."why-WHY are you wrecking that expensive toy :-< "
"Darling, if I have to explain it-you wouldnt understand :shifty: "

looking out for the courier to brighten my day

early_t-72_in_meast.jpg
early_t-72_in_meast.jpg (542.16 KiB) Viewed 7802 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: UNLOVED BUT EFFECTIVE- SYRIAN 'FURY'

Post by Kaczor »

Looking forward to weathering stage :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Kaczor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:58 am Looking forward to weathering stage :)
Cheers Mr Kaczor, as its been horrendously hot down here, Im sure the arid mood will take me ;)
Im off out West for a week at work this Monday, so nothing will be going on until I get back, but the destructive juices will be running strong for when I get back :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

You gonna get the RMSh tracks for it as shown in the pic? I think Attracks is the only place to find them at the moment.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Probably not mate, the cost and postage is just ridiculous, I would run plastic ones if they were available just to beat the price down!!

The ones it comes with will do, perhaps they owners fitted other ones when theirs wore out after the picture was taken !! ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Bix, that photo is crazy, creepy, and sickly humorous all a once. The rag tag T-72 crew and assembly of Toyota and Mitsubishi "soft-sided" vehicles (variously armed) is so indicative of the madness. Your build will reflect it all in mangled plastic and metal. Go get 'em!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

It sure Is Herr Doc, the Syrian conflict is a tragically enthralling and engaging one from an Armoured conflict perspective.
Even to us uninitiated types It obvious that the employment method of the armour rather than the type is the root cause of huge losses in that T.O.
I might even escalate the outer shambles on this thing in light of many pictures and videos I've watched.
I picked up some paint for the outer scheme(if it ends up like that) that in the subject picture looks like a grey :think:
Turns out that its very likely a shade called IDF Sinai Gray - Vallejo 71.142
I also took a punt and got some Sand Beige 71.244 also a Vallejo product.

Long way off paint but at least I can practice a bit on scrap to check shades.
My biggest unknown is how to get the barrel of the incoming T72 stripped of its thermal sleeve without ruining it :problem:
The machines are also often stripped of the "commanders" machine gun in favor of donating them to ground forces.................apparently as to use it the T.C. needs to expose himself to hostile fire which caused a field day to urban snipers.

There's loads of scope with this theme....................
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Received news from home, my T72 has arrived.
Shame I’m almost a thousand kms away from it, sitting in a Ute to get signal and avoiding Brown Snakes that are actually everywhere out here :O

Ahh well, it ain’t going anywhere :eh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

After some negotiating, I managed to get a 'virtual' unboxing of the new project.........................

Tell me whats wrong with this picture :'(
952FBC9C-ABCC-4FCD-B0DC-7EC1607736EA.jpeg
952FBC9C-ABCC-4FCD-B0DC-7EC1607736EA.jpeg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 7615 times
7794D55D-382B-49BA-85C2-B6D3DBF5B3D9.jpeg
7794D55D-382B-49BA-85C2-B6D3DBF5B3D9.jpeg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 7615 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

You got the ERA instead of the non-ERA version... That sucks.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “T-72”