Is Beier not popular here?

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Is Beier not popular here?

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Exhibitedbrute wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:26 pm The size of it is an issue for me as the one rad reviewed was a little on the big side, not really any good for some of my tanks, how ever since IBU seems to have dropped off the face of the earth I find my self needing to find a new board, though ir battles are not important to me size is so at the moment elmod are something I am considering. I would use Beier if it were smaller as it offers most of the required features
Quick answer from the phone: Check the links that Herr Kaczor linked you in the thread, because I believe you missed my SFR 1 HL review. That board has the same size as the old RX18 boards, which is very small.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I shall have a look rad thanks
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

My HL version fits in my Panzer III.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

So it turns out I was remembering my reading from a different review and a different board. After rad pointed me in the right direction to jog my memory, this is the one I thought to be very good but too expensive to use in all of my tanks, but would be perfect for my crusader
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tankme

Post by tankme »

Jimster wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:03 pm My HL version fits in my Panzer III.
My Mato PZ III has a Clark TK80 in it so size hasn't really been much of an issue. I guess I'm just used to big things... :shifty: :haha:
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I think the Beier boards look great and have every intention of picking one up in the future. They are a bit on the pricey side but I'm happy to pay for quality. I'm also planning to set my tanks up so I can easily swap the board between them when I do get the time to take them off the shelf for a spin. For me there is little sense in having an expensive board in each tank when I only really run them once every few months on average.
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

For some reason Beier has a reputation of being very expensive but compared to the other brands they’re not.
Kyoz84
Recruit

Post by Kyoz84 »

Shagnifico wrote:For some reason Beier has a reputation of being very expensive but compared to the other brands they’re not.
Not at all. Actually from what I've seen IBU is the most expensive. Clark is in the middle (with all features) then beier.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Now newest version of elmod is most expensive (if you include all features sold separetely).
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

SGS is expensive too, kind of like Elmod, the necessary extras are sold separately. And that’s another thing I like about Beier all you really need is the board and the usb cable and the software.

Return to “Other electronics”