Nn3 Mining Layout Project

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Nn3 Mining Layout Project

Post by Jimster »

No scenery yet but it’ll be a western mining line somewhere in Arizona. Late 1800’s era. The tiny N scale narrow gauge geared loco kits and rolling stock are from Showcase Miniatures and the track is Z scale from Atlas. The upper line has a timed automatic stop at each end. There are no turnouts as this is only designed for train watching and not for operating. Here’s a short video showing the finished track work.
phpBB [video]
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nn3 Mining Layout Project

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Great start Jimster, plenty of elevation in the layout, should look mighty impressive when the groundwork and cliff faces are in place, look forward to more updates as you progress :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Nn3 Mining Layout Project

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wow! I have seen some impressive ON30 layouts because many ON30 fellows do some great scenery and fascinating trackside mining, logging, and rural structures. I was not aware of Nn3. There should be lots of room to represent all kinds of mining detail. It will be fun to see your progress. I do appreciate your sense of humor: "The upper line has a timed automatic stop at each end." :O :P

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”