LAST OF ITS KIND

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: LAST OF ITS KIND

Post by tankme »

Looking good.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And there I went forgetting to put contents in the sole remaining tool box :/
I will work on these & get them set in place just so I have the option of leaving it open a bit as the mood takes me !
1F13FFAA-1C7D-4622-9C0A-E6B4176578AE.jpeg
1F13FFAA-1C7D-4622-9C0A-E6B4176578AE.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 882 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
A Beauty of a Paint and Weathering Job, Sir. ( Don't forget to treat the infamous HL Frogeye headlight to some of your magic )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

:thumbup: Ahh ! Mr Painless does still have Tank in his blood.!!!
Yes Sir, I will deal with the FrogEye as soon as a suitable replacement is available, rest assured!
I hate the look of those things as much as you, but I take calm solace in knowing I can remove it’s ugly presence even after the model is finished.
Perhaps a body with one of those “rub the Lantern & it shall be “ things (a 3D printer) could make headlight lenses as replacements by the hat full just to make it even easier :think:
Thanks for checking in mate, always good to know your input :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

What a wonderful set of tools :)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
I almost forgot the tools, they are amazing! Yes, Health issues continue to bug me. Newest issue is a bulged disc/pinched nerve in my lower back. Has my r leg feeling like it is being microwaved endlessly. MRI and surgery on the way to correct that. Doing what I can do as I can do it, Sir.
Following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
I almost forgot the tools, they are amazing! Yes, Health issues continue to bug me. Newest issue is a bulged disc/pinched nerve in my lower back. Has my r leg feeling like it is being microwaved endlessly. MRI and surgery on the way to correct that. Doing what I can do as I can do it, Sir.
Following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: LAST OF ITS KIND- THE BATTLE VOW

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have used lots of options to try and get a bit more on this machine, but as I used the wrong search criticals I got nothing but the scale model versions.
However, using what I feel is odd terminology for me, I think I found something :eh:

https://min.news/en/military/d7657db4ce ... 86987.html

The so called 'Ostapenko' Battalion. and here is the big fella, resplendent in its Appliance-White livery and looking majestic................surrounded by loyal believers in the power of massive gun & armour.
This short explanation and plausible description of the machine and crew's fate is all I need to finish off the build.
Once the tools are done, I can sign this off.(at least until a crewman figure crops up)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Made a tarp out of a Khaki painted tea bag for the inside of the stowage box, folded into place & sealed with Tamiya flat clear to get it in position & firmed up.
The tools were painted with dark yellow for handles, wash for the real wood I used, then dry brushed with burnt umber to raise the grain so to speak.
Gun metal and Black Green to finish the tool heads off.

I have no idea if one of the three stowage boxes on a KV-2 was a dedicated one for tools or not, but I've taken the punt that one might have been.
I'd say that a choice between crew comforts & personal effects or maintenance items going into the remaining one, that the crew gear would have lost!
As it is, its ok, but I feel there is a lot of excess space that could be used up :problem:
Going to have a scout through the vast accumulation of bits to see If I have anything that might be suitable.
1B434036-9CC7-4F30-875F-9E1FE08C4BB4.jpeg
1B434036-9CC7-4F30-875F-9E1FE08C4BB4.jpeg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 805 times
858FC6EE-A155-40FE-A381-9D554A81D8CE.jpeg
858FC6EE-A155-40FE-A381-9D554A81D8CE.jpeg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 805 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

You may think that the tools would get displaced, but the tank was your home and your home kept you safe. Making sure your home is fully functional was a very high priority... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”