HL 7.1 MFU

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Timbo68
Private

HL 7.1 MFU

Post by Timbo68 »

I have a 7.1 MFU for which the instructions show socket CN2 for the cooling fan. However, although there is a gap in the metal case for this, the actual socket is absent. I have noticed that some online images show a socket, and some do not. One retailer tells me that all the 7.1 MFUs now have the socket omitted. Has anyone noticed this new 'feature', or have any info? Pics attached.

I use cooling fans and motor fins as my tanks have all-metal running gear, and can run hot. The CN2 output appears to be simply battery voltage, so it's not to difficult to arrange for a switched fan power supply direct from the battery, but it's just a bit of a pain.
Attachments
HL7.1MFU.jpg
HL7.1MFU.jpg (54.55 KiB) Viewed 648 times
HL7.1MFU_manual.jpg
HL7.1MFU_manual.jpg (92.37 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL 7.1 MFU

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) With a little search on this Forum, don't know if would help? on the other hand if the socket is non-existent? it may be that the manufacturer is not considered useful, moreover no power transistors are apparent?
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=31479
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O Sorry for the double post ... Am I going to say something stupid? CN 2 indicated Radiator Fan? for me is the smoker's fan, since CN 12 is indicated Smoke Generator, and both have only 2 wires?
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

I’ve used CN2 for fans on my 6.0/6.1 my other tanks. I’ve retested it, and it’s just battery voltage, and is live as soon as the MFU is switched on. I’m thinking that I’ll have to wire the fan(s) from the battery connections through a separate switch, which will be a nuisance. (Reading that 7 series thread, I’d forgotten that I was saying that I couldn’t see any point in the 7 series over the 6, but I now have a 7 controller, so I’ve moved on!)

I wonder why it seems to have been deleted. Any other ideas greatly appreciated…
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

I’ve used CN2 for fans on my 6.0/6.1 my other tanks. I’ve retested it, and it’s just battery voltage, and is live as soon as the MFU is switched on. I’m thinking that I’ll have to wire the fan(s) from the battery connections through a separate switch, which will be a nuisance. (Reading that 7 series thread, I’d forgotten that I was saying that I couldn’t see any point in the 7 series over the 6, but I now have a 7 controller, so I’ve moved on!)

I wonder why it seems to have been deleted. Any other ideas greatly appreciated…
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

Duplicate post for some reason - apologies…

Return to “Heng Long”