Taigen / Heller Sturmhaubitze 42 Ausf G

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Taigen / Heller Sturmhaubitze 42 Ausf G

Post by Kaczor »

c.rainford73 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:01 pm Any updates on this beauty? Looks great Image Image
I rarely visit the workshop lately so there will be an update from time to time.
Raminator wrote:hose late StuG/Hs don't look right unless they're loaded up to the brim like a family station wagon.
I agree. But I wonder what happened when the crew wanted to get into the engine compartment. ;)
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

The 3D printed muzzle brake from MK Modellbau unfortunately does not look good. It's way too big. I used the Aber early Tiger part. It's close enough for me. I just need to increase the diameter of the outlet by about 1mm. My dad also made on lathe a sleeve to replace the plastic element from the set.
Attachments
IMG_20221017_165516.jpg
IMG_20221017_165516.jpg (115.43 KiB) Viewed 409 times
IMG_20221019_162417_copy_1280x720.jpg
IMG_20221019_162417_copy_1280x720.jpg (548.69 KiB) Viewed 409 times
IMG_20221019_162500_copy_1280x719.jpg
IMG_20221019_162500_copy_1280x719.jpg (434.01 KiB) Viewed 409 times
tankme

Post by tankme »

Kaczor wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:46 am
c.rainford73 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:01 pm Any updates on this beauty? Looks great Image Image
I rarely visit the workshop lately so there will be an update from time to time.
Raminator wrote:hose late StuG/Hs don't look right unless they're loaded up to the brim like a family station wagon.
I agree. But I wonder what happened when the crew wanted to get into the engine compartment. ;)
Since Stugs don't have a rotating turret to hit all of that stowage while traversing, they can pack it in... :)
Kaczor wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:37 pm The 3D printed muzzle brake from MK Modellbau unfortunately does not look good. It's way too big. I used the Aber early Tiger part. It's close enough for me. I just need to increase the diameter of the outlet by about 1mm. My dad also made on lathe a sleeve to replace the plastic element from the set.
That Aber brake does look better. Did the metal barrel come with the tank?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

tankme wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:44 pm Did the metal barrel come with the tank?
No. There is only StuG (7,5cm) barel in the kit. Also it's not hollow.

I got this barrel in MK Modellbau, but as I said, better buy it without muzzle brake:
https://mk-modellbau.de/main_bigware_34 ... 3%BCr-tank

Other option is this Austrian shop, muzzle brake is also lacking in my opinion:
https://www.rc-militaermodellbau.at/en/ ... uh-42.html

Lastly for you Brits there are a great looking 3D printed resin guns in all possible variants. Because of post-brexit ridiculous shiping costs, I did'nt try those:
https://www.afvmodeller.com/?s=STUH.42+ ... gwt_wcas=1
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

StuH has been stuck on the "shelf of shame" for months, but this week it finally got its gearboxes. The torsion bars still require adjustment because the suspension is clearly way too high. Diesel sound is temporary ;)
phpBB [video]
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"StuH has been stuck on the "shelf of shame" for months." Kaczor, if I can tell from the dates of your posts, it has been about 17 months. Nonetheless, it is certainly fine to see your Sturmhaubitze in action and on its way to your usual fine work. I will watch for more news.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Yeah, it has "shame" in the title for a reason ;) Unfortunately, I have a tendency to make several models at the same time. When I get bored with one, I go back to another. But after a few years I'm finally finishing one ;)
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I'm liking that Alkett waffle zimmerit and all the luggage for the trip to Stalingrad and ba...oh right.
Any paint scheme ideas brewing on the shelf of shame? Good name by the way. Pretty sure we all have one, some of us maybe two...
Mike.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I, too, juggle multiple projects—not to mention my trains and minthly magazine articles. Oof! Right now I have my T26E3 ready for—with luck—the cover between the gun mantlet and the turret, my M10 TD waiting for a correct antenna mount (MP 48), a specific prototype, and markings (probably from Rad) and the now-static-build FAMO waiting for me to improve my wire forming skills to build some toolbox hinges.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Love it Mr K
The suspension looks ok as is plus it may drop over time with use.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”