Cancer scare.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Cancer scare.

Post by jarndice »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Not been here a great deal myself through show season so honestly didn’t really notice.

I’m glad that the scare is over and your health is good, but could they not have spared you the colonoscopy. Any excuse the nhs can find to do one of those and they will.
:lolno: :lolno: Having had a Colonoscopy and two yes 2 Gastroscopies I cared for neither procedure but given the choice the colonoscopy was more endurable,
Both Gastroscopies were just plain nasty and joy of joys I have at least two more to look forward too :lolno:
I have to take this opportunity to say that the stories about the NHS falling apart are just not true,
Within a week of my doctor referring me I was on the NHS fast track cancer screening programme I was given a choice of hospitals and at all times the treatment was both professional and genuinely caring.
I am now on the outpatient list for long term follow up so they don't just dump you once the results are known :thumbup:
I really pity our American friends who do not have the instant and free medical help at the point of need that we in the UK enjoy.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Well it is free but isn’t. Our American friends have to pay as and when needed and quite heafty price tags in some cases too, where as we pay all our lives through national insurance but good god it’s worth it
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Sorry to hear that you have had a few problems, but it's good news that you are cancer free, and although
the Check-ups won't be fun at least you will be in the good hands of the NHS. :thumbup: :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Well it is free but isn’t. Our American friends have to pay as and when needed and quite heafty price tags in some cases too, where as we pay all our lives through national insurance but good god it’s worth it
Not once you reach retirement age then it is free.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Damn, you scared the s$!t outa me." Just think what the colonoscopy did to Jarndice! I am glad about the "no cancer," but whoa ho! There's a lot of torture left.
BTW, Jarndice: when I've the "up this way" or "down that way," the actual day of torture was nothing (unlike the night before, glug, glug, glug, barf!). Are they giving you enough whoopie gas to keep you in La-La-Land?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes, that drink really blows the show out of you!!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jimster wrote:Yes, that drink really blows the show out of you!!!
I was not sure whether to mention it :haha: :haha:
Two days of laxatives :shh:
A tip or two, first get a washable padded toilet seat,Trust me you are going to be there a long time,
Do not forget an early application of vaseline to the fundament prior to starting the treatment, razor blades spring to mind at this time :thumbdown:
A few decent books, My dog eared copy of the Anglo Saxon Chronicle was my goto :thumbup: and do make sure you have a good torch (Flashlight)nearby, 3am is no time for the bathroom light to fail without backup, don't ask :thumbdown:
And when the nice nurse says do you want a hand tying up the back of the op nightshirt SAY YES, because sashaying through a ward on the way to theatre with your bottle and glass on display can be a trifle embarrassing :{
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:"Damn, you scared the s$!t outa me." Just think what the colonoscopy did to Jarndice! I am glad about the "no cancer," but whoa ho! There's a lot of torture left.
BTW, Jarndice: when I've the "up this way" or "down that way," the actual day of torture was nothing (unlike the night before, glug, glug, glug, barf!). Are they giving you enough whoopie gas to keep you in La-La-Land?
Thanks Doc yes,
I now know why women in childbirth need it :thumbup:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Glad to hear its not, the big C scares the preverbial out of anyone.
Have had the cameras aswell and they are not a pleasant experience, but small price to pay if you get a good all clear results :)
All the best matey
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Glad to hear you've got the all-clear Shaun, that's fantastic news. Here's to many more years!

As someone who has routine screening colonoscopies, I've learned that the prep is worse than the procedure (they're carried out under general anaesthetic here) and that the most frightening phrase in the English language is "contact laxative". There's nothing like having a cup of purple jelly, then having purple water running out the other end five minutes later. 8O

Return to “Off topic”