Jagdpanzer iv l70 rescue

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Capitan America
Recruit

Re: Jagdpanzer iv l70 rescue

Post by Capitan America »

Complimenti e bel restauro
http://www.rctankir.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is our Club in Milan, Italy
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Back in the Jagdpanzer after a wee break finishing other projects. I got some steel wheels from asiatam, with some fettling fit the tamiya bogies. Refitted the main gun mechanisms and added the resin mantlet. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Tonight's job, a Aber fire extinguisher. Every time I do one I say never again but they're such a nice little thing to add, and infinity more satisfying than Aber clamps! Next up, voyager clamps ImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Been quite a while since I've done anything tank related but as this one will be hopefully finding a new home when it's finished I managed to pull my finger out and get some progress made.

Nothing huge but I've made up some etch tool clamps and attached to said tools, added the wiring conduit to the headlamp, tidied up and test fitted the rest of the tools to the rear deck and added the 3m antenna. I also fixed the previously glued travel lock so it can now pivot again.

There's a couple of little bits I need to sort out light making up new reflectors for the rear fenders but I think she should be in primer in the very near future. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

That is tasty! Whenever I imagine actually popping for a Tamiya kit, I always think Pz IV or KV-1. After seeing this build, I've got to admit that it's now this kit. Those slanted armour panels on the sides of engine deck are too much to resist.

A righteous save from the clutches of a crude modeler and the postal service. Double whammy!

Mike.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tom,
A beauty with all the right details.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Great work Sir! Nice Save.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, been a while since I've done much on this but I've pulled my finger out and polished off the little bits that needed before priming it and getting it ready to go to its new home. I've tidied the places with the zim sheets meet, seams and places which were missing zim I've added to them. I've also tidied up the roof and rear deck ready for priming. She's been painted a lovely red oxide as the new owner would like to add their own spin on it with their own paint job. Really pleased with this one's come out, I'll miss it a little infact (although the sale keeps my missus happy so swings and round abouts!). ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Tamiya Builds”