RIP HRH QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

RIP HRH QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Today is one of those "I remember where I was" days.

My family extends its humblest condolences to the British members, and to the members of the Greater Commonwealth on the passing of HRH Queen Elizabeth the Second.
It has been put to me today as the reality sinks in that what does Her Majesty's life mean to normal people?
For me its a demonstration of an assertive & duty-bound Woman, from a Generation that was then typically subservient, who led and guided, inspired and motivated people from all walks, to succeed and be unrepentant in doing so,regardless of status or privilege.
As the owner/operator of 4 Daughters and a Wife, her example of responsibility, grace, fortitude and stoic coping of every situation thrown at her over almost a century is something I hope my girls can achieve.

God Save The Queen............................ :(
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: RIP HRH QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Post by Kaczor »

Condolences from Poland.
Attachments
Queen visit 2009.jpg
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I too cannot remember a day of my Life when Elizabeth II of Windsor was not Queen of the Empire. That all changed yesterday. Speaking as an American, I appreciate greatly the daily contributions that we enjoy over here from our long partnership with Great Britain. I will miss Her. God Save the Queen.
With regards
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I can remember vividly going from school to stand on Gildersome Green and watching the new Queen drive past in her rolls on her tour of GB after her coronation. Her passing leaves a great hole in our hearts and for me a profound sense of loss. We now have a new monarch so

God save our gracious King.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

She was a flawless gem. A truly flawless gem.
That's how I'd like to remember her.
Anyone who can reach the age of 96, with a daily snifter of gin and dubonnet, and a diet of marmalade sandwiches, in itself, ought to demand admiration. Yet, the times she saw as through- some nightmarish and horrendous- would have been an utter void without her presence. I'd hoped somehow she might be immortal.... :|
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

Time to stand down ma'am
Attachments
image-11.jpg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I see that US flags are at half mast today. What a savvy and gracious person the UK had in Queen Elizabeth II. Yesterday a young US citizen asked me what would happen in Britain. The question gave me a chance to explain how a person with but nominal political power could be so influential, so inspiring, so truly powerful.
I believe it is accurate to now to write “God save the King.”
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

We found ourselves affected in a way we never expected. Among other things, this seems like the end of an era in more than one sense. I read somewhere that over 90% of the UK population has only known Queen Elizabeth II as monarch - I now feel a member of a shrinking minority, as I was born in the reign of King George VI…
God Save the King.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

It is a monumental point in GB History

We have lived under the Elizabethan era for most of us as our entire lives, now we will live under the reign of King Charles, which welcomes in the Carolean era

We have made special effort to keep the kids up to date with the information around this point in history.

She served us well, and now we hope that our new King will continue to serve us well and no doubt his son thereafter.

God save the King
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Nobody else will ever have a diplomat (or fantasy Mum, and Grandmother) like that.
'Mar sin leat!' 'Soraidh leat!'
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”