3D Printed Comet from 3dprintedtanks

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Styx 2022
Private

Re: 3D Printed Comet from 3dprintedtanks

Post by Styx 2022 »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:22 pm The finish is refined, subtle, and altogether laudable! You also have some very impressive fine detail on display there. Some printed tanks exhibit tell-tale obvious signs of the printing process; (rows of fine parallel lines, for example) ...lines, that is, which are practically impossible to conceal; but yours doesn't. :thumbup:
All in all, it's a worthy and inspirational piece of work. :clap: Now, we need to see a video of it being put through some proving trials!.
Thank your for your kind words, video to follow soon!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

What an absolute stunner--and in 1/10 no less!
Looks like a great set of files and you've got a skilled approach at getting the most out of them. So what are the dimensions of your Comet, it looks like a pugnacious thing in its stylish weathering!
I'm on the verge of pulling the pin on a 3D printer, and I'm curious--what are the build plate dimensions on your printer to allow for this size of component printing?
Again, an absolute stunner that certainly demonstrates your printer's ability and your mastery of getting the most out of it! Droolicious!
Mike.
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:19 pm What an absolute stunner--and in 1/10 no less!
Looks like a great set of files and you've got a skilled approach at getting the most out of them. So what are the dimensions of your Comet, it looks like a pugnacious thing in its stylish weathering!
I'm on the verge of pulling the pin on a 3D printer, and I'm curious--what are the build plate dimensions on your printer to allow for this size of component printing?
Again, an absolute stunner that certainly demonstrates your printer's ability and your mastery of getting the most out of it! Droolicious!
Mike.
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your kind comments. The Comet can be built on a printer with a bed size of 20Cm x 20Cm, all the info is here - https://www.3dprintedtanks.com/comet2/
3D printers are fickle things, one minute they work fine the next they don't. You just have to plug away at it and don't lose hope!
My best piece of advise is get the calibration spot on, don't settle anything except perfect. It takes a while but it will pay off in the long run.
Good luck with which ever project you decide on, I look forward to seeing the results.
All the best
Steve.

Return to “3D Printing”