What am I 3D printing today?

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

What am I 3D printing today?

Post by tankme »

Takes up almost my whole build plate. Sitting at 18 hours of a 23.5 hour print right now.

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
B_Man
Corporal

Re: What am I 3D printing today?

Post by B_Man »

It looks like you are preparing to invade a sovereign nation in Eastern Europe and have some concerns about their stocks of javelin missiles.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Yeah...I'm disappointed. It's printing great so far, but I think it's too big to fit the tank. The person recommended the measurements for 1/16 scale and I think he was way off. Oh well, I guess when it finishes I'll re-adjust the sizing and reprint. It will be smaller so it will print faster.
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn!!, is that to be considered too soon ????? :haha: :haha:

Put me in for one ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

Just as I thought...it was too big. At least I printed my mistake in ABS which is cheaper than most materials. I also learned it doesn't do well with the supports for the cage. Three of the supports broke pretty easily. When I resize it I think I will try it in PETG which will probably be stronger for the supports. The cage itself is plenty strong and the supports I used came off really easily.

Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looks great! I will have one for sure as making one from brass would be a weapons grade bitch !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

Reprinting it in ASA smaller so that it actually fits. Tried PETG, but it was giving me too many headaches today.
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The cage roof could stay in any printed material, but I would go with brass angle legs just to secure them to the turret with a bit of brute force!
Got to get my finger out & actually get a T90 :{
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “3D Printing”