Panzer III EBay find

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Panzer III EBay find

Post by Jimster »

Okay. Didn’t think I would end up winning this but for a couple hundred bucks I got this Taigen Panzer 3 with metal running gear, tracks etc. IR version with the shi&@y Taigen recoil unit. No smoker. Pot metal gears. I will use my Beier HL board, a GI smoker and a HL dual current gearbox from Forgebear. This will be a companion tank of the Abt 502 Tiger unit late’42early ‘43 Leningrad area. Another slow project but any advice about details would be appreciated. I already need those side hull escape hatches if they are available. Of course it will be grey. All the detail parts are still on the sprue and paint isn’t even worn of the metal tracks yet. Very little use apparently. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Panzer III EBay find

Post by tankme »

Nice buy. I guess it's a PZ3 week as I found a brand new Clark TK80 on eBay for a PZ3 and bought it. When it arrived someone was selling an all metal Mato PZ3 on FB so I picked that up to go with my Clark board...and I didn't even know I wanted a PZ3.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking forward to your transformation of this one :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks,man. I’ve got my work cut out. The current exhaust isn’t even hollow for smoke to flow through. I’ll think I’ll be giving Forgebear some business.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You’ll need a better looking barrel and earlier narrow tracks too.
Those Ostketten were not around in your chosen time line.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, Herman! I like those really short stubby barrels I’ve seen in photos of P3s in the Leningrad area. Not sure where to get one yet. I didn’t realize these tracks were incorrect. I will probably have to get Heng Long drive sprockets to work with the HL dual current gearbox. Hopefully they make HL tracks that are accurate. These damned tanks become a very deep rabbit hole quickly. I’ve already installed and programmed my Beier board in it but many adjustments are still needed.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

These tanks become a very deep GOLD LINED rabbit hole very quickly :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yup. Just dropped some coin to Forgebear for the dual current gearbox. I effen hate the old school coffee grinder gearboxes that Taigen and Heng Long use. Ruins the driving experience for me.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I looked again and got it wrong about those tracks
They are correct for your p3
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Another thought is about the spaced armour.
Check the date of its introduction against your chosen timeline.
I reckon it shouldn’t be there.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Unboxing”