New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
TheCrazyBanana
Recruit

Re: New member

Post by TheCrazyBanana »

:'( :'( Hi professorruns ok but just finished painting it dont like the outcome of my first attempt im still learning :'(
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you have used acrylic paint just wash it off with acrylic thinners and try again and if you used enamel paint then it is a lesson learned.
Most of us work on the principle that no Tank is ever truly finished :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Banana and jarndice: my experience with acrylics showed me that once dried, an acrylic is impervious to even its own brand-specific thinner. Maybe I am wrong about that. Here in the 'States, I (and some other modelers I see weekly) get a strong detergent called "Super Clean": so far it has stripped enamel or acrylic paint off plastic without harm. SINCERE DISCLAIMER: I am not making any guarantees as to the effectiveness or harmlessness of Super Clean; just my experience has been so. I first bought Super Clean via Amazon and paid w-a-a-y to much for it. Now I find it at "big box" stores (Home Depot, Menard's, Lowes are names here in the 'States) and even (flinch) Walmart.
Super Clean.png
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Super Clean even took Testors enamel paint off of my Warhammer 40K models I painted back in 1987 without hurting the plastic. I soaked the little Marines overnight in the stuff. Then they got sold on Ebay as I never got into the game.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
TheCrazyBanana
Recruit

Post by TheCrazyBanana »

Hi jarndice your tip worked a treat i have camouflaged the tiger looking well and added some home made extras like sandbags oil drums and sleeping bags
TheCrazyBanana
Recruit

Post by TheCrazyBanana »

my tiger tank..............
Attachments
Tanya The Tiger Tank
Tanya The Tiger Tank
Img5ECE01D8.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 813 times
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

I like the Tiger! Welcome!
TheCrazyBanana
Recruit

Re:tiger

Post by TheCrazyBanana »

:wave: :wave: Thanks 761st sowhat project you got there are some great looking tanks here
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

My projects seem to bump into one another. For now, some detail work on the HL Tiger 1. Between a 7 yo Tank Commander and diorama designer, I seem to spend some time building but, repair a lot. Ask we speak somewhere in our diorama there is a .50 MG that came off the turret after he rolled the Sherman. Oh yes. The drive wheel attached to the turret is gone as well. At first I thought "why not" but, now that it's gone Sherman looks proper.
mini2.jpg
mini3 hangar.jpg
TheCrazyBanana
Recruit

Post by TheCrazyBanana »

Great diorama pics the Sherman and messersmitt are awesome

Return to “Introduce Yourself”