DUKW Scratch Builds

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: DUKW Scratch Builds

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah ha! Now that's an ingenious source of useful wire. Hmm... Thirty-two years ago I wired this house for TV as I was building --now outdated and useless. I probably have some extra around, even without cutting a hole in the wall. :haha:
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

This coax ended up being a copper clad steel wire, I'm sure some of it is copper. But frankly the steel will hold up better than the soft copper could.

Got most of the hooks and hoops installed. There are two winch guides to go and three on the very front of the hull, but I will wait until I build the front winch hawse till I do those. Winch received the last of the details it will get. Drum clutch lever and fork (to free spool cable out) and the drum brake. And finally the towing hoop (pintle hitch to chain/clevis/hook...).

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
DAVEY65
Recruit

Post by DAVEY65 »

Wow Ecam, just came across your DUKW build, absolutely amazing work. if you are still looking for some nice tires go over to Shipways 3D Printing, look for panzer vs tanks, he has the tires, wheels and can print in any size, i contacted him years ago to see if he could print my 1/4 scale halftrack tire, he said yes but it was his limit (9 1/2" OD), you can also reach him on FB under Holden8702 , very nice guy

Dave
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Thanks Dave, I will give that a look.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Other Builds”