general purpose trailers for the VW Kubel.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: general purpose trailers for the VW Kubel.

Post by jee »

tr.jpg
tr.jpg (76.61 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Well, I finally found a picture of a Kubelwagen with a trailer :D (I was looking for another trailer by the way)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jee If I were you I would check your identification because I do not think that is a Kubel,
It is much bigger and the spare wheel was never mounted on the side of a kubel because if it was the doors would not open.
I think it is a Horch KFZ 15 4x4 command car.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

jarndice wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:18 am Jee If I were you I would check your identification because I do not think that is a Kubel,
It is much bigger and the spare wheel was never mounted on the side of a kubel because if it was the doors would not open.
I think it is a Horch KFZ 15 4x4 command car.
ow damn, I think you are right........(sorry, went through 119 pages with pictures on a forum)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I do think the Kubelwagen could have towed a SD.anh.51 trailer with say an ammo box fitted, although that trailer could haul stuff like 60cm searchlights, flak 30, 8kW generator. so it might have been done, but not officially supposed to do it.
The infantry carts however were setup to be towed behind kubelwagen & kettengrad, the personnel tiller handle could be removed and the vehicle hitch screwed on. These were quite common towed behind such vehicles and sometimes also several as multiple trailers could be hitched up in that way

Above the Horch which is shown is significantly larger than a Kubelwagen and the trailer appears to be one of the AT ammo trailers i think where the front and rear compartments fold up. Think it might have been sd.anh.31
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “General Questions”