IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh Yessss, that '43 looks just like the one I had back in the day....................knocked together in a backyard somewhere !!
She's right Mr Ram, all good things come to those that wait ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Lots of the reference images I used looked like they were guns made from demilitarised samples or parts kits, quite a few had welds across the receivers. Luckily I guess the PPS-43 was a simple and rugged enough design that that isn't an issue!

Got some test prints in over the last few days, it's a delicate little thing. I'm not brave enough to try a version with the stock unfolded, I think it'd end up too flimsy.

IMG20230109183410.jpg
IMG20230109183410.jpg (347.39 KiB) Viewed 549 times

Looks the business, though! The details came out nicely, the safety selector, magazine catch, stock buttons and both sights are all nice and crisp. I couldn't quite get a photo, but you can even get a proper sight picture if you hold it up to your eye!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Print some 7.62 x 25 ammo for it and I will give it a test run!!!
Looks like the one I had back in the day .
Stock folded is a tankers norm anyway I’d say
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been ages and at the risk of digging up a "necro-thread" have stumbled over this ......................

http://wio.ru/tank/oz/7gottb-en.htm

Note none of these leviathans have auxiliary fuel tanks, have loads of stowage, and almost all mudguards./fenders missing. Also....none have Dushkas fitted despite it being the final days of the war.
Interesting to see more marked vehicles than the well known '432' in pictures.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I wonder if Rad could make the running bear over the red star. I would think the MGs would be (unfortunately) useful in urban close quarters. Could they have been secured to keep them from walking off?

Return to “Other Builds”