Ww2 era oo gauge layout?

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Ww2 era oo gauge layout?

Post by Will01Capri »

The Truck & Trailer with tank looks awesome, it would fit in nicely in your layout Lee, didn't realise they did such things, very very cool
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Will,

Thanks for looking in, this is another of my long term projects :/ it's been on the back burner over the summer but hopefully get on with it over the coming months.
I have though been collecting some things and completing a few little items for the layout as shown in the pics, I have built a signal box and decided to detail and paint the interior ( not that you will see much with the roof on :crazy: ) but I know it's there :D I've also been putting together some warwell wagons complete with their Sherman loads, not a great picture of those but you get the idea, keep tuned over the next couple of years and you may see it completed :lolno: Image

Cheers,Lee.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImage
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

This is another little piece that I have waiting to go onto the layout, it will eventually be placed in the military train yard ready to transport all the heavy machinery :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. ImageImage

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That is one raunchy looking, cobbled together tractor/trailer truck--which means I love it! I that a Dinky? Matchbox? something else?
And then there is the fellow reading the newspaper while the turnouts go unattended! Great stuff! (On my Golden Prairie Railroad, the checkers game goes on while havoc occurs.)
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hello professor,

I agree that the tank transporter looks a bit of a brute :D it's actually an airfix kit, I also have another part built but before completing it I'll see how much space I have on the layout to see if it can afford two of these beasts on there.
The guy in the signal box is taking his break :P I do plan on putting another figure in there also keeping an eye on the goings on around the layout :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. ImageImage

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you for posting a picture of the kit! Alas, OO (HO, I think, here in the U.S.) is about 1/87. The Golden Prairie Railroad (Yours Truly, CEO, CFO) is 1/48 (or thereabouts in the grand tradition of "just about anything goes" U.S. O Gauge). Now were that a 1/48 truck, I'd be on it like flies on a cow's behind.

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”