Abu Dhabi

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Abu Dhabi

Post by jhamm »

Unfortunately, the authority of the stewards is slowly being eroded.
Christian Horner has recently been warned by the FIA, for criticising the marshals.
It's the same with Michael Masi, drivers and team bosses are criticising him publicly.
They didn't do that with Mr Withmarsh.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

20 mins to go...................lets see how this mess all cleans up ??!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Biggest stewards cockup ever. I know it's a hybrid season but making up hybrid rules in the last lap? That's it for me. I'll never switch to football but F1 is at an all time low
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Louis has been cheated out of the world championship title.
A virtual safety car would have been the solution.
I am very disappointed in the race management and the stewards.
Another nail in the coffin for Formula 1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Kind of sums up the season, shambolic and unconventional.
If I was Massi I would launch a scathing attack on teams that publicly disrespect the decisions he makes and invite any one of the team principals to take his job.
The only thing I would like to see next is Michael Schumacher recover enough to go NAH NAH NANAH-na !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Young tyros with ambition,A rich sponsor and a racing licence will have seen that bully boy tactics wins prizes and so thanks Mr Verstatten for lowering the already creaking standards of Motor Racing we can now look forward to death or glory racing without any attempt by the stewards to bring order to the sport.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Young tyros with ambition,A rich sponsor and a racing licence will have seen that bully boy tactics wins prizes and so thanks Mr Verstatten for lowering the already creaking standards of Motor Racing we can now look forward to death or glory racing without any attempt by the stewards to bring order to the sport.
I think it has always been a sport dripping with testosterone, and commercial pressure, and back in the 1970s and 80s a lot of drivers paid the ultimate penalty (Rindt, Siffert, Villeneuve etc.,) from the imperative to win, almost at any cost. (Think: Hunt vs Lauda)
Even as late as the early 90s, when Ayrton Senna died, winning trumped safety.
At least modern cars have some fantastic safety tech built-in. That's one blessing. :)
In Sterling Moss' Vanwall days, they didn't even have roll bars and flame-proof overalls. :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Your countryman Sir Jackie Stewart got very angry at the apparent acceptance by the organisers of the sport of the carnage that pretty much single handedly he began a crusade to insist on a complete overhaul of F1 from trackside furniture to car construction to drivers overalls AND that is my point,
I doubt that the good knight would wish a return to the bloodletting of yore which I fear might be the case if the management of the sport in the shape of the stewards rolling over because money is running it rather than a wish to provide a spectacle that does not wilfully expose young men and hopefully soon young women to needless and preventable hazard just so some amorphous management/ Bankers/Investment company can shower largesse upon their shareholders who instead of the Williams and Tyrells from yesterday now run the various mobile advertising hoardings that don't even sound like racing cars.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Following the last fiasco of a 'supposed' F1 race I have concluded that F1 is no longer a sport and I won't be watching or following it in the future. It seems that business profits have overtaken sporting ethics as the driving force in F1 which is a crying shame, and I will miss the days when driver performance and skill was one of the main factors in producing a fair end result of a race. We have seen some spectacular races this season where despite not having the fastest car a driver has been able through great skill to win a race and yet at the final and deciding race of the season the result was dictated by the stewards. This is neither fair nor sporting and so I, and I hope a lot of others, will boycott the 'sport' which of course won't make any difference whatsoever, but does at least free me from future anger and frustration.

Alwyn :thumbdown:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

AlwynTurner wrote:This is neither fair nor sporting and so I, and I hope a lot of others, will boycott the 'sport' which of course won't make any difference whatsoever, but does at least free me from future anger and frustration.
Alvyn, you´re right.
I will do exactly the same.

Return to “Off topic”