Jnewboy Customs ~ 4 Cats

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Jnewboy Customs ~ 4 Cats

Post by PainlessWolf »

JNB!
Looks like it rolled in from a forest hideout! Beautiful weathering and detailing as always!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

That's some great work there. I'm getting ready for a possible Jagdpanther project as well and some things being "wonky" as you say have had me searching for more information about the Gun Mantlet and shroud you used to get rid of the goofy HL pieces. I'm curious if you investigated hanging armor skirt? Please if you care explain about the stock HL wheels being "wonky". I replaced my plastic wheels with the metal ones and think they look much better but what did you do to the stock plastic wheels or where did you source them for your projects? I'm also curious if the stock HL Jagdpanther cannon is the HL King Tiger cannon or just the Panther G cannon with a different shroud near the mantlet. I'm looking into making the cannon recoil but want the KT's 8.8 not the Panthers 7.5 gun.

And where do we find this magic grime stuff you speak of?

Great work and thanks in advance when you answer.

Chef
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

MrChef wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:54 am That's some great work there. I'm getting ready for a possible Jagdpanther project as well and some things being "wonky" as you say have had me searching for more information about the Gun Mantlet and shroud you used to get rid of the goofy HL pieces. I'm curious if you investigated hanging armor skirt? Please if you care explain about the stock HL wheels being "wonky". I replaced my plastic wheels with the metal ones and think they look much better but what did you do to the stock plastic wheels or where did you source them for your projects? I'm also curious if the stock HL Jagdpanther cannon is the HL King Tiger cannon or just the Panther G cannon with a different shroud near the mantlet. I'm looking into making the cannon recoil but want the KT's 8.8 not the Panthers 7.5 gun.

And where do we find this magic grime stuff you speak of?

Great work and thanks in advance when you answer.

Chef
Hey Welcome! So the HL Jagdpanther and panther has lots of issues, the main thing is the wheels (outer most boggy wheels have an ugly rim on them, the real ones look beautiful and rounded like a dome) Tamiya makes the right one. The other issue is the front end, the angle on the plate is wrong and needs to be adjusted. PM me for Magic Grime or look me up on eBay. Here is a video I made a few years back outlining the process with the HL Panther. Take Care!

phpBB [video]
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Mr. Chef: I second the Magic Grime suggestion. In my experience, it's great messy fun to put on (follow Jnewboy's directions) and the results are quite good even without any other weathering.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Be wary of using it on Zimmerit, needs a lot more wiping off to avoid being too dark , but the stuff is very good
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”