1/16 Tiger 1. Heng Long guts into Tamiya?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/16 Tiger 1. Heng Long guts into Tamiya?

Post by AGKPeiper »

Good info Jofaur thanks. I think I'd just buy new sprockets.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) if can help? find this on the net, sorry if in French? but think more understanding
https://www.vintage-rc.net/viewtopic.php?t=20332
to fix the Heng Long motors, 2 aluminum squares have been added in width, between the two suspension rails, fixed from below, and the boxes from above, you need a little mechanical, but it works.
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

AGKPeiper wrote:Good info Jofaur thanks. I think I'd just buy new sprockets.
I think the easiest option is to contact Dave at forgebear tanks directly and explain the situation. He's very helpful.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Or turn the tamiya tiger into a static model until you can source all parts from eBay (might take a while!) And then just buy a standard HL tank to enjoy! Could go for another model seeing as you already have a Tiger..... Welcome to the rabbit hole that is 1/16 armour!

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

NAB wrote:Or turn the tamiya tiger into a static model until you can source all parts from eBay (might take a while!) And then just buy a standard HL tank to enjoy! Could go for another model seeing as you already have a Tiger..... Welcome to the rabbit hole that is 1/16 armour!

I think our friend wishes to make it functional, in memory and homage to his wife's father, which is to his credit. Finding original Tamiya parts, used on Ebay becomes very difficult and in the end, more expensive than a tank new, am in a good position to know it, having experienced
below two photos of what is achievable

left, Tamiya engine
Right engine Heng Long, or Taigen, etc.
9563AAAE-09C5-4FC5-8852-7301E33136AE.jpeg
adaptation of HL engines, Taigen, etc. in a KT Tamiya, but remains the same for Tigre I. After I only speak of what I know and know how to do,
6E7610F0-754F-4ECD-819A-17530A7DB31E.jpeg
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

Jofaur, Les images que vous avez fournies seront inestimables pour ma tâche mes ami, merci.
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

A Panzer 4 with 6.0 is cheaper than the equivalent Tiger. Can I use the gears etc from that in my Tamiya Tiger?
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

AGKPeiper wrote:A Panzer 4 with 6.0 is cheaper than the equivalent Tiger. Can I use the gears etc from that in my Tamiya Tiger?
Well, the Heng Long Panzer IV and the Heng Long Tiger both use the same gearbox... So... Yes?
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

Thanks for bumping the question rob, now we have both asked I'm sure someone will answer.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Be careful, I don't want to cast any doubts, but be careful :(
there are different lengths of output shafts on the gearboxes, especially here, make sure that everything is properly aligned, undercarriage level, that the toothed gears (sprockets) do not rub, etc.

Return to “General Questions”