King Tiger (henschell)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
NAB
Corporal

Re: King Tiger (henschell)

Post by NAB »

I used some cold blue on the metal tools which I think has given them a nice effect.

However the blue doesn't work on the towing cables so I might wipe them over with some mig ammo black wash and see what that does.Image

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

NAB,
Tools are looking grand! A suggestion for those cables is a coat of flat gunmetal then a black wash of Tamiya or similar type. Use a little rust dust dry effect brushed on and they should look very realistic. Don''t forget to paint the eyelet cable shields the same color as the tank base coat. Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Funnily enough that's exactly what I ended up doing to the cables! Minus the rust.
I get the impression that the crews would spray over everything including cables and tools but as a modeller it's nice to add some detail like that.
In Bovington the whole cable was a different colour to the tank so I used some cold bluing on the ends of mine.
Will get some pics of them up tomorrow.
The smaller cables I will have to use the plastic supplied ones unless anyone knows where to get them?Image

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Trial fitted the mato metal drive wheel and idler.
Drive wheel went on no problem but the idler bearing was slightly smaller so after a gentle bit of sanding of the tensioner with the dremil it went on nicely.
But I now need some washers to pack it out a bit as the screws on the back are fouling on the screw head that holds the tensioner arm in place.

Interestingly I have metal arms on all road wheels? Is this normal in the 6.0s tanks? I've read the people say they're plastic.Image

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Some more bits primed ready for dark yellow.
The tank primed in dark yellow. The bottom hull and wheels are already in dark yellow from the Heng Long factory so will just weather them.
And the towing cables so far. Will probably give them another dark wash or 2 before they're finished. The ends have just had some cold bluing on them.ImageImageImageImage

DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Nice , nice :clap:
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Would all the holes circled have periscopes in them?

I can only see the lower periscopes from my pictures from Bovington.Image

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes Sir, they certainly would.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

I've fabricated some for the lower ones and should be able to do the upper one too but the commanders hatch has so many! Will have to have a think about how to do that

DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Ice cream sticks for periscopes maybe,

Return to “Heng Long Builds”