King Tiger (henschell)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
NAB
Corporal

Re: King Tiger (henschell)

Post by NAB »

It wasn't the whole side plates. Just the front mud flaps I was thinking. However I've not seen any real pics of KT like this so I assume it was done at some point after the war

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

First bit of Zimmerit applied. The atak set isn't perfect so it needs a trim. Also some holes didn't line up so I cut new ones and filled the old ones.
I used sticks like sh*t. Similar to no more nails.

Hopefully the rest of the zim goes on wellImage

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Trying a higher resolution picImage

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Progress so farImageImageImage

John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Your work will turn this from a toy into a model. Really like the idea of the jerry cans mounted at the back of the turret. Will look for the photo for this and may try this on my King Tiger build which I have 90% assembled. The longer tube is the aerial storage tube which has the small cap on each end and you can see this on the Bovington King Tiger and this mounts on top of the deck and to the outer edge. Your red arrow is correct. The other bar is a pry bar which was used for track repair which you can imagine needed very good leverage with the size of the track links. Also helped with removal of any material that was lodged in the track guide wheels. Regards John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

John Glover wrote:Your work will turn this from a toy into a model. Really like the idea of the jerry cans mounted at the back of the turret. Will look for the photo for this and may try this on my King Tiger build which I have 90% assembled. The longer tube is the aerial storage tube which has the small cap on each end and you can see this on the Bovington King Tiger and this mounts on top of the deck and to the outer edge. Your red arrow is correct. The other bar is a pry bar which was used for track repair which you can imagine needed very good leverage with the size of the track links. Also helped with removal of any material that was lodged in the track guide wheels. Regards John.
I found this image which gave me the idea.
I've not seen KTs with other equipment stored on the outside. Maybe they had a lot of storage inside for helmets etc.Image

MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

NAB wrote:Found this with loads of KT pictures

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery ... -3/tiger2/

It’s out of stock at a lot of places. However they do have it in stock at the Bovington Tank
Museums web site, which is where I bought mine from last week.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

MikeHamilton wrote:
NAB wrote:Found this with loads of KT pictures

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery ... -3/tiger2/

It’s out of stock at a lot of places. However they do have it in stock at the Bovington Tank
Museums web site, which is where I bought mine from last week.
You got 1/16 king tiger Zimmerit from Bovington tank museum??

EDIT * oh you mean the book lol
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Zimmerit finished.
I'm not sure how some little bits on top of the side panels will look once it's got a base coat of paint on it so might need to fill them in with milliput.
The atak kit didn't have a MG mound sheet, it had a complete mound so I did that section with milliput (which will make Rad happy lol)
The rear panel was a pain and needed to cut the sheet into sections to apply.

Thoughts? ImageImageImageImage

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Sounds like how I say Heng Long (London accent) lol

Not good when they can't get their company name stamped correctly on their stuff!

Good old 'eng longImage

Return to “Heng Long Builds”