Tamiya King Tiger custom build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Tucker427
Private

Re: Tamiya King Tiger custom build

Post by Tucker427 »

So many wheels :crazy:
20210726_152110.jpg
My custom King Tiger build: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31936
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What ??? !!! You can perform all those miracles in metal, and you are made anxious by the painting !!! ??? I am made ;D with envy just looking at your build thread. Wow! :clap:
Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:What ??? !!! You can perform all those miracles in metal, and you are made anxious by the painting !!! ??? I am made ;D with envy just looking at your build thread. Wow! :clap:
I've only ever used an airbrush with stencils and never freehand, thus my apprehension when it comes to applying silver tiger stripes, given they are giong to stand out! It's going to be the silver stripes on satin black that makes it all come together in the end, so I don't want to mess it up.
Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

20210729_16372.jpg
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi Mr Tucker.
Thats a very nice upgrade your doing there, have you changed the drive motors and gearboxes from standard, as i am sure that the weight is going to increase quite a lot with all that metal your adding, my Tamiya king tiger is quite heavy just made out of plastic, with a metal lower hull when the batteries are added, my gearboxes are totally different to the ones shown on your build , just wondering.
Great build whatever. :clap:
Regards
Sub.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"ilver stripes on satin black that makes it all come together in the end." Hey, there's something funky goin' on here! :O How interesting! :think: Yes, I, too, would be anxious about silver stripes on satin black, but it will be a really sharp combination!
Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

Sub wrote:Hi Mr Tucker.
Thats a very nice upgrade your doing there, have you changed the drive motors and gearboxes from standard, as i am sure that the weight is going to increase quite a lot with all that metal your adding, my Tamiya king tiger is quite heavy just made out of plastic, with a metal lower hull when the batteries are added, my gearboxes are totally different to the ones shown on your build , just wondering.
Great build whatever. :clap:
Regards
Sub.
Yes, I changed the Tamiya gearboxes for Taigen High/Low 4:1 Steel Metal Gearboxes. I also have a couple of drive shaft bearings to support the gearboxes. My tank will be light compared to the Taigen metal Tiger-1 that I got the gearboxes and tracks from, that tank weighs a ton! Btw, I used 6082-T6 aluminium to make the upper hull.
Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:"ilver stripes on satin black that makes it all come together in the end." Hey, there's something funky goin' on here! :O How interesting! :think: Yes, I, too, would be anxious about silver stripes on satin black, but it will be a really sharp combination!

World war tank build enthusiasts, cover your eyes because this Tiger is going to the disco!

A sharp colour combination indeed if I can pull it off

Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
I thought a man of your capability would have worked it all out before hand. :thumbup:
Is that your Camaro by any chance ?.
Sub.
Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

Sub wrote:Hi.
I thought a man of your capability would have worked it all out before hand. :thumbup:
Is that your Camaro by any chance ?.
Sub.
No plans here, just a vision o- If by chance it was my Camaro, then I would trade it for a 1968 Camaro ss.

Return to “Other Builds”