If this is the future, my hobby ends here. :(

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Re: If this is the future, my hobby ends here. :(

Post by Shagnifico »

jarndice wrote:
MikeHamilton wrote:Raising my head momentarily above the parapet. I will say that if you think modelling 1:16 scale tanks is expensive, then try modelling an N Gauge model railway layouts (1:148 scale). The prices are horrendously obscene.
I think it’s down to niche markets? If everyone was modelling RC tanks or N Gauge then the prices would tumble. Compounded with a fairly limited number of manufacturers who can charge essentially what they can get and are fully savvy that people will pay.
A Pharmaceutical company was issued with a multi thousand £££ fine by the British regulator today because over a five year period they raised the price of a particular drug over 6,000% to the NHS purely because it was the only source,
The drug was no longer under licence but it was not easy to make so this company made it a practice to make hard to make drugs and make a very fat profit BUT 6,000% is more than a rip off it is theft.
So the British regulators are now getting revenue from pharma’s unethical profiteering. It’s a win-win!

Well except for you and I and the rest of society. When does a fine become a bribe?

Return to “General Discussion”