If this is the future, my hobby ends here. :(

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: If this is the future, my hobby ends here. [emoji20]

Post by abramsky »

RenoirLV wrote:Some Chinese sellers already had EU stock before. I had some shipments delivered to a local pickup box from Estonia. So they are thinking ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right. A huge Aliexpress warehouse is also being built in Poland (it is already in the Czech Republic). By the end of the year, 90% of products are to come from this warehouse. This means "Intra-Community Acquisition of Goods", but if you do not run a business (you are not a VAT payer), as the last buyer in the link, you will be charged VAT which will be transferred to the National Tax Office via a sales platform (eg. Aliexpress). Online platforms like eBay, Aliexpress etc. are required to collect VAT on each transaction. eBay in the US imposes and charges US customers a state tax, and its value varies depending on the state. Some states do not pay at all, and others 10-12%.
So whatever you do, you won't avoid it. We can't be as certain of anything - like death and taxes ...
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

In this case avoiding VAT is not my aim. I want to avoid spending time/paying for customs procedures. VAT on a 2€ item will kit kill anyone.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: If this is the future, my hobby ends here. :(

Post by Kaczor »

Our hobby problem is that it's very niche. In those warehouses in EU will be phone covers or fake jewelery but not RC tank spare parts ;)
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

RenoirLV. You're right. This will definitely shorten the delivery time and avoid additional charges (they will probably still offer free shipping). Aliexpres intends to reduce the delivery time of all products to less than two weeks by the end of the year. But Kaczor ( Duck ) is right. RC Hobby is not in the mainstream and you will almost certainly (apart from crap RC toys made of smelly plastic) you will not buy almost anything locally from Chinese warehouses suitable for an RC upgrade.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Kaczor wrote:Our hobby problem is that it's very niche. In those warehouses in EU will be phone covers or fake jewelery but not RC tank spare parts ;)
True. I also do WPL RC cars. Some items did come from an EU warehouse. A nice surprise. If the new rules reduce their turnover sharply they are bound to counter it somehow. Let’s see. The main “problem” with the old setup was underdeclaring values. Which I admit I enjoyed immensely. Now it’s far less likely to happen. Or is it?

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

yeah its an ass, but we going to have to live with it even if we dont like it :(

I do have a proposition!
If you guys can raise the cash for me to buy a commercial jet and you lot come over on some weekends and we strip the interior for a large loading area, we could go to some countries and load up with stuff and then come back saying its for personal consumption........................ well i mean LED's being consumed in tanks and trucks etc lol

hahahahahha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Possibly cheaper than hiring a container these days! Some local women have just broken the record for paddling a canoe across the Pacific. 36 days l think. Now if we could buy a cheap canoe we could hire out space and use that.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

It's nice to buy cheap, but shipping from China to Europe = 0 (1-2) EURO? Really? I have been selling abroad for years and there is no way I can afford to send anything to a customer in France, UK, US or Canada for free or below cost. It is economically impossible. Only China can afford it
Actually often times China can’t afford it. What they’ve done for decades is flood the market with products priced so cheap that it’s actually a loss for the Chinese company. So domestic companies can’t compete and go out of business. Then with the market cornered they’ll raise prices. Which is actually illegal in the USA at least. And because elected officials in the west are corrupt the Chinese companies get away with it. I remember a documentary that explained how because of this illegal practice the only TVs still manufactured in the USA are huge projector type TVs because they’re so costly to ship from China.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I have received my first orders under the new regime. Ali now asks VAT on all goods which liberates the recipient from customs clearing. The goods are a bit more costly but no hassle with the customs. If you buy something for 2€ you pay VAT on it and nothing else.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I've just experience that buying a necklace for my daughter's birthday. She chose it online and sent me the link. It appeared to be a UK shop but when l paid it added vat and Paypal told me l was paying a German company! No, it wasn't via eBay!

I've no issue with this providing it ends there and doesn't arrive with a customs charge. Fingers crossed. Does this mean that the UK government are getting the vat?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”