1/16 WCP WW2 US Tractor (similar to Case VA)

Custom designs 3D Printed
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

1/16 WCP WW2 US Tractor (similar to Case VA)

Post by Will01Capri »

This one is a rather special little project i have been promising my son for a long time, maybe 2-3years!
Anyway his birthday is coming up and i decided nows the time, but with some of these things it is a bit last minute! I only have weeks to design and build many parts for this thing, so fingers crossed!

I decided that the Tractor had to be in keeping with our other models, so i chose a Case(esq) tractor. Not sure of the exact model, but these things were used on airfields and for many other uses.

It will feature a full custom axle with drivethru setup so it can power other things in future! I will most likely use WPL metal gears and drives, but then couple up to one of my geared motors.
The only hard thing is whether or not i can hide electric and keep the look of a tractor!

If i can figure it out, i think alot of the parts for this are going to be printed on our new resin printer as alot of these parts will not suit fdm.

I am also going to look at setting this up as a static display piece once i have got my Resin SLA printer up and running.
Be great if i can also get a small dozer added to this list of possible vehicles
Last edited by Will01Capri on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: 1/16 WCP Case Tractor

Post by jarndice »

We used a Fergie not a Case to tow our DHC2 Beavers,
I loved how nobody seemed to know how to start them :haha: (The Fergie not the Beavers :haha: )
When Singapore gained its independence they formed their own air force and began taking over RAF Seletar, Most RAF Units went back to the UK or were disbanded, We had defeated the Indonesians so the need for so many Aircraft and support units no longer existed,
Our Army Aviation flight was needed and so I was detailed to drive the Fergie to our new base at RAF Changi (Now Singapore International Airport),
Anyone who has lived in Singapore knows it rains every afternoon after lunch for an hour so naturally i started off just after lunch and the rain began as I entered Jalan Kayu Village and by the time I reached Changi I was soaked but it was the locals all pointing and laughing at the stupid Soldier driving a tractor in a rainstorm that got to me most,
Ahh fond memories :lolno:
Great Tractor though, Would pull a house down just blo*dy slow :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:We used a Fergie not a Case to tow our DHC2 Beavers,
I loved how nobody seemed to know how to start them :haha: (The Fergie not the Beavers :haha: )
When Singapore gained its independence they formed their own air force and began taking over RAF Seletar, Most RAF Units went back to the UK or were disbanded, We had defeated the Indonesians so the need for so many Aircraft and support units no longer existed,
Our Army Aviation flight was needed and so I was detailed to drive the Fergie to our new base at RAF Changi (Now Singapore International Airport),
Anyone who has lived in Singapore knows it rains every afternoon after lunch for an hour so naturally i started off just after lunch and the rain began as I entered Jalan Kayu Village and by the time I reached Changi I was soaked but it was the locals all pointing and laughing at the stupid Soldier driving a tractor in a rainstorm that got to me most,
Ahh fond memories :lolno:
Great Tractor though, Would pull a house down just blo*dy slow :thumbdown:
Haha, thats great Shaun

Not done a Fergie, but if i got enough info and reference material to measure off, then everything is possible.
I bet you have loads of memories you could share from the time in Singapore.
Have you ever been back since?
As for the beaver, they are proper old skool cool. I would love to get a flight in a float version, they do look like fun
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

I loved how nobody seemed to know how to start them :haha:
My 8 year old brother figured out how to start it. He used to sit on it and pretend to drive. My parents figured he couldn't possibly work out the combination. One day we heard the engine roar into life. I've never seen my Dad run so fast!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: 1/16 WCP Case VA Tractor

Post by jarndice »

Estnische wrote:
My 8 year old brother figured out how to start it. He used to sit on it and pretend to drive. My parents figured he couldn't possibly work out the combination. One day we heard the engine roar into life. I've never seen my Dad run so fast!
LMFAO :thumbup: :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Estnische wrote:
Hehe, that's awesome
Yeah I bet lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 WCP WW2 US Tractor (similar to Case VA)

Post by Will01Capri »

Some pictures of the build so far

Hopefully my son is going to be very pleased with his new model come his birthday

Have to say, i really only made this model for him as he loves tractors and has for years, we always wanted to give him RC tractor for his 5th Birthday, but in a few weeks he will be 7. (sorry Daddy been busy and slow with things!)

Catherine will give it a good clean and paint and we should be sorted to go

Pictures below, trialed with a FDM printed radio man, so i will need to work on printing another dude better suited for driving a tractor rather than holding a radio handset haha

I still have many small detail parts to print like foot pedals and the like etc. As you will see the model is very small, so hiding stuff is tricky. But i think i have a good balance to hide electrics as best i can and make it sturdy enough for off roading

The TPU tyres will be installed somepoint soon after painted, getting excited to test it out.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Great work once again Will, the details look really good, look forward to seeing this one chugging around :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Last pictures for a while, i will need to give it a good clean and paint etc.
But the tyres bring it to life :)

And yes, that is my dining room table in the background!!! hahahaha
Tests will be conducted this weekend, it is a little beauty. Will do some tow tests aswell to see what it can haul in good time.
Many thanks to good friend for helping me out with the tyres.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whoa-ho, Nelli! It's a Case VAI :O The U.S. farm toy crowd could go nuts over this one! :crazy: Have you thought of sending photos to the Toy Farmer magazine? I'd bet you could pull in enough orders to keep yourself busy for a l-o-n-g time.

Return to “WCP Models”