PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by PershingLover »

Sounds great so far Herman!

It's always amazing to see historical recreations in builds. Just how many Panthers do you have now? Good luck!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Heeeyyyy !, Mr Lover is back ;)
How have ya been sunshine?

I have 3 now with the bulldozer.
4 if you include the Jagdpanther!
Plus I have another (project/renovators dream) in the storage rack .
I have lost my camera that I use to record progress on n pictures, so I’m at a loss with what to do for now.
It’s Father’s Day weekend down here so who knows what could happen
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Father's Day weekend sounds like Panther número cinco!

Hope you find that camera, otherwise my weekend got a little bit more dull..
I'm doing well, moved over to Sweden for a year about a month ago. How's Australia treating you?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oz is good mate, a land of opportunity and reward.
Coming into the hot months now though, that’s the bit I DONT like !!!

The old camera broke the input socket in the cable that hooks to the computer, so it’s no good to me.
Phone is ok but it’s harder to get pictures & narration I find.
I will get on with things soon, stupid old life has got in the way
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Martin2556
Lance Corporal

Post by Martin2556 »

Great build with lots of interesting history included :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Herman!
I'm very interested in seeing your progress so: Plug your phone via a USB charge cable into a USB Port on your system. Use a free program such as: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows ( Picasa ) to download the Hi Def pics off of your phone and save them to files in a folder of your creation or choosing. Use another free program already on your PC called 'Paint' to resize the photos to fit the forum ( I use 850 pixels for the largest side of the pic and it fits every time to Forum size constraints ) Upload per normal and Bob's Your Uncle. I too had a specific camera for photos of Builds back in the day. I quickly came to enjoy the much higher quality from the amazing camera built into my Note. Whenever I post old pics to illustrate some technique or results on a new thread, I can really see the difference between the old and the new ones. Following along,
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Pic from 2021
Pic from 2021
Older Pic from 2015
Older Pic from 2015
...Here for the Dawn...
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Hi Herman,
So pleased to see you tackling this Panther build and I look forward to following your progress with great interest.
I am presently tied up with a T-34 build but I have had a Taigen Panther G waiting in the wings for some time. Meanwhile I have been doing my best to get up to speed researching the history so your Panther 111 build is really fascinating for me. I have been quietly collecting a large number of re-build and upgrade parts but still not sure which way to go when I get to the Panther build so I am eagerly looking to your build for inspiration (and some ideas to nick, he he).
So, anyway, do keep up the good work, it's looking to be another marvellous creation in the making!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Martin2556 wrote:Great build with lots of interesting history included :thumbup:

Thanks Mr 2556, some remaining tanks have a thankfully interesting history or build feature to make them even more enticing other than they are actually still existing !
I will try to do it justice.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Herman!
I'm very interested in seeing your progress so: Plug your phone via a USB charge cable into a USB Port on your system. Use a free program such as: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows ( Picasa ) to download the Hi Def pics off of your phone and save them to files in a folder of your creation or choosing. Use another free program already on your PC called 'Paint' to resize the photos to fit the forum ( I use 850 pixels for the largest side of the pic and it fits every time to Forum size constraints ) Upload per normal and Bob's Your Uncle. I too had a specific camera for photos of Builds back in the day. I quickly came to enjoy the much higher quality from the amazing camera built into my Note. Whenever I post old pics to illustrate some technique or results on a new thread, I can really see the difference between the old and the new ones. Following along,
regards,
Painless

Im no tech'y mate :shh:
I'm flat out spelling I.T. let alone working with it I'm afraid :{
I can do the phone pic thing but its not user friendly to add the narrative I find.
Not a huge amount of progress, so not missing many pictures :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dr Phibes wrote:Hi Herman,
So pleased to see you tackling this Panther build and I look forward to following your progress with great interest.
I am presently tied up with a T-34 build but I have had a Taigen Panther G waiting in the wings for some time. Meanwhile I have been doing my best to get up to speed researching the history so your Panther 111 build is really fascinating for me. I have been quietly collecting a large number of re-build and upgrade parts but still not sure which way to go when I get to the Panther build so I am eagerly looking to your build for inspiration (and some ideas to nick, he he).
So, anyway, do keep up the good work, it's looking to be another marvellous creation in the making!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Doctor, having seen your builds, thats a lot of pressure !!
I have been enjoying the base research on this, probably due to being in actual contact with the machines remains, rather than just a series of pictures.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”