Jagdpanther G1 befehlswagen

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Jagdpanther G1 befehlswagen

Post by Jimster »

Most excellent modeling going on here! The Aber fire extinguisher is my favorite detail on my Tiger. Yours of course looks perfect.
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Amazing skills! Going to be an amazing build I'd say
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks for the kind words folks. Pushing on with the build last night the first thing I wanted to do was work on the rear plate, adding the new storage bins and preparing for the new exhausts. Unfortunately the exhausts were glued solid so the dremmel was required to get them off. For the stowage bins I used a hack saw and then a dremmel for the last bit.

New bins went on without much fuss, a big improvement over stock imo. I've also replaced the stock just and added some schumo bits to the engine hatch and some chain to the tow hitch.

ImageImageImageImageImage

The head light is next, again replaced with a higher detail piece. This was hollow so I've also placed an smd led in the to have a working head light.

ImageImageImage

Last order of business was to do something with my new mk antenna. I decided to shamelessly copy dean and use magnets to hold it on

ImageImage

https://youtube.com/shorts/FvSg9k6xq24?feature=share

(This youtube shorts feature is a pain, the forum tags don't let you embed them and I can't seem to disable uploading short videos on this format).

Ah! True Columbo style one last thing I'd forgotten, my shell ejection hatch, all sanded now and works nicely!

ImageImage

That's all for now!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

fantastic, what a details, I am absolutely impressed!
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Edumardo
Private

Post by Edumardo »

Fantastic job, lot of details and very good source of inspiration for future projects. I subscribe ;)
Last edited by Edumardo on Mon May 10, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And this's what makes you special Mr Hugill :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks for the kind words folks. I've been pulling my finger out over the weekend to try and make a big dent in this build.

First up is the jack block and holder. I got a rather decent one with the trumpeter bits I managed to obtain. The original was pried off and the area cleaned up. Then using the panzer tracts drawings I made up a holder using scrap brass from the skirts etch frets.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Next was making the mount for the 1.8m star antenna which marks this out as a command vehicle.

The circular part of this starte life as an 88mm shell to get the correct round shape. I wrapped two 1.5mm thick strips of styrene round and glued. This was then skinned in much thinner black styrene. Hex shape rod was used to simulate bolts and a washed for the round shape underneath.

Last but by no means least if the up detailing of the tools.

I removed the stock tamiya ones, removed the crude simulation of clamps sanded a grain into the wooded handles and added voyager clamps. These are an order of magnitude easier than the aber ones and imo no less detailed

I also too the opportunity to add the retaining pins (and chains) for the c hooks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

just :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Like your others tanks, this one is absolutely awesome. Incredible work on this restoration!!!! :clap: :clap:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks guys, the kind words are much appreciated

Return to “Tamiya Builds”