Lrdg truck ( Long Range Desert Group )

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Lrdg truck ( Long Range Desert Group )

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Here is a short clip testing the 1/16 Lewis mg with the light/sound module and the modified figure operating it :D it was a bit tricky drilling the barrel for the fibre optic cable to fit down but with a bit of care and patience it worked out ok  :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

phpBB [video]
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks for the tip on 1/16 British Figures. I certainly agree that there is a shortage of the those from the British Isles, Australia, France, etc., etc., etc. I will search "Mitch's Military Models"; I am familiar with the Kirin figures, and I have one, still unpainted.

The machine gunner on the truck is a "hoot"! That's originally a Minnesota term (I believe) of approval for something fun and even a touch funny.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

:P From almost two years ago: "I will have to take a pic of all my trucks and vehicles one day when I get the chance and time." Did I miss the photo?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hello professor,

Don't worry you have not missed the family photo/pic ( my bad :/ ) I start and finish builds as the mood and humph takes me so I have quite a few unfinished projects :crazy: maybe one day I can gather them all together in the same room and get them to keep still for 5 minutes when they are in a state of completeness and take a group photo, I can only hope and dream :haha: what I'm trying to say is please don't hold your breath as I would not want to be held responsible for you passing out while waiting on behalf of my inability of not completing one project before starting another one :headbang: :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tell you what Mr MB4, it’s not the quantity, rather the quality that you produce when they are completed that matters.
Your stable of Desert recce machines are testament to that.
Shame the weather up there is not conducive to a dry, arid background for an SAS/LRDG picture spread !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Herman, that's very kind of you :D I have got the photo backdrop from the lrdg truck build thread so I'll try and take some pics of the jeep and truck together on that :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wise....................we could all witness the "second coming" if you waited for the right weather eh :shifty: :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"I start and finish builds as the mood and humph takes me so I have quite a few unfinished projects." Now that sounds familiar to me! What's more, I work on a much simpler level than do you.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Indeed professor, I believe that is the curse of the modeller, I see a project that I like the look of and then the next minute I'm like a cat chasing a butterfly and I've found something else that catches my attention :/ :haha:
Never mind, at least I have quite a few projects to last a good couple of years and keep me occupied so there's always something to do :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”