Lrdg truck ( Long Range Desert Group )

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Lrdg truck

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

While the truck certainly deserves all the attention and praise its is getting--and more--I didn't overlook the figures. Are those SOL model figures? (I have a number of Afrika Corp types who need some "enemies" at the re-enactment.)
DAK Crew.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Model Builder 4 wrote:

by HERMAN BIX » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:23 am

Oh ??!............looks like this thing was working in the Moomba Oilfield !!
I'm not familiar with that place Herman :D does the truck or the personnel remind you of there ??? :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
https://www.beachenergy.com.au/cooper-eromanga-basins/

The landscape, the functionality of the truck & crew,...............only thing missing is the flies !! :sick:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Ah right Herman :D I'll try and get some flies in the next lot of pictures for added realism :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

by Herr Dr. Professor » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:27 am

While the truck certainly deserves all the attention and praise its is getting--and more--I didn't overlook the figures. Are those SOL model figures? (I have a number of Afrika Corp types who need some "enemies" at the re-enactment.)
The figures were one of the reasons that it took so long getting the truck to this stage professor, as I'm sure you're aware British figures are not very well catered for in 1/16 scale and SAS one's even less so.
The original figure from early on in the build in the rear cargo bed I found on Ebay from a seller called ' mitches military models' I was never really sold on the pose of the figure though so kept looking, I then found another figure from a company called 'kirin' but it was long out of production and the only one I could find was from a French seller but unfortunately they would not ship it to the UK :thumbdown: but then a friend offered to acquire it for me and forward it on so a big thank you must go to them :D
It only took a little modifying to get that figures pose looking acceptable, the original figure from the rear was then promoted to driver but took a lot more work to get right and comprises of parts from 4 different figures :crazy: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Ah right Herman :D I'll try and get some flies in the next lot of pictures for added realism :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
i can 3d print some flies in resin if you like in the appropriate scale haahahahhahahahaa
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

They would be tiny in 1/16 scale Will, you could print me a camel if you like though :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have one Kirin German figure, still on the shelf unpainted. I bought it a least seven years ago from a hobby store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US, and even then the SAS figure was not there.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

This was the kirin figure professor, it only took a little modifying to man the Lewis machine gun :D this is the only one that I could find on the internet though so I'm glad I came across it :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Model Builder 4 wrote:They would be tiny in 1/16 scale Will, you could print me a camel if you like though :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
If you find a file that takes your fancy on cg trader I can see if we can print it in 1 piece.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Will :D I'll have to see if I can make some space to build a little diorama :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”