An-Bri-RC SU-85

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: An-Bri-RC SU-85

Post by jhamm »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Just yesterday (05-16-2021) I tried my An-Bri link. It was dead. Did the business go under?
Yes he (Andreas Brinker) is out of Business.
It´s a sad story - because he has been missing since January 24, 2018.
He was found dead a few weeks later, the circumstances of how he died are unclear.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That's sad. The SU-85 wouldn't be a hard conversion kit to do. Just makes me wonder why there aren't any other vendors that do one. The SU-100 on the other hand would be more complicated, but we have the Trumpeter SU-100 kit to do those conversions. I know I would be in the market for an SU-85 to add to my T34 variant collection.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Will maybe?? I too would like a full Russian spread. Trumpeter are certainly a big help.

Just finished the SU-100, terrible photo with awful lighting. I must do better!
Just completed tonight!Image

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Last edited by General Jumbo01 on Mon May 17, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
General Jumbo01

Sorry, misposted :{
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nice '100 Mr Jumbo, assume Trumpeter upper on a Taigen lower yes ?
If so, do you have the trumpeter road wheels spare ?
If so, I would like them please.
That is if they are the solid centre type not the open spoke'd like the Taigen ones.!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
General Jumbo01

Yes l do but they will end up on this model after l've added ball races and correct sized stub axles. I was going to ask Will if he could 3D print a set or two as ld like to do an early T34/76 too. I'm sure they'd be a demand for them.
tankme

Post by tankme »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Yes l do but they will end up on this model after l've added ball races and correct sized stub axles. I was going to ask Will if he could 3D print a set or two as ld like to do an early T34/76 too. I'm sure they'd be a demand for them.
My static wheel conversion consists of two 3x9x5mm flanged bearings per wheel mated to an M3 50mm hex cap head screw with M3 washers as spacers to get the right offset. I used such a long screw because I wanted the non-threaded portion of the shoulder to mate with the bearing. The threads get cut off. Simple and easy. The inside bore of outer wheel tube that is inserted in the inner wheel is 9mm which is why I went with that size. The Taigen metal suspension arms us a 3mm axle for the wheel. The bearings are 5mm wide as it didn't matter what thickness they were. The 5mm thick ones were cheaper than the thinner ones so that's how I decided on the bearing size.

Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

/\ thats exactly what I need !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme

Post by tankme »

Herman,

Unfortunately those are destined to go to a good home on my SU-122. With as many T34 variant projects as I have it is amazing I don't have any wheel spares.

Have you tried to contact Trumpeter's replacement part service? I've used it for some Trumpeter 1/16 Abrams parts. It took forever, but it was only $13 US for an entire sprue shipped to me from China to Texas. You have to Email Trumpeter Service (joanna@trumpeter-china.com), tell them the kit number (Model:00915) for the SU-100, and let them know what parts you need (Sprue X1 contains one road wheel set - inner and outer wheel without the rubber). So if you wanted two complete wheels just order Qty. 2 of sprue X1 or however many wheels you want. The rubber outer from the HL wheel will fit the Trumpeter wheels although it is a little loose. Nothing a little glue can't fix. The rubber tyres (their spelling not mine) are just loose in a parts box with a bunch of other parts and I haven't tried to order them as all the early wheel sets I have came from actual full model kits.

The all steel wheels from the early T34s are from kit 00903 (T-34/76 Model 1943) on sprue X3. Each X3 sprue contains one wheel set - inner and outer. The all steel variant of the wheels don't have a rubber outer of course.
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Huge help with that info Mr Tankme, I will email Trumpeter & see how it goes.
Its not the end of the world if I cant get them, as this version is a late one so the wheels can work as they are, but I just want to get a different look to the lower hull for this project.
Thanks again for the info ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”