TX16S right gimbal mixing

Discuss your radio gear here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TX16S right gimbal mixing

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

orntar wrote:I feel like this should be easy...

I plugged the left esc into channel 3 and I can run that track with the Throttle stick. Switched channel 3 to the right esc and it will run that track. So it is just not mixing no matter what I try.

I found this post that is similar:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... -tank.html
Do I need a vtail mixer?s
No, you don't need a V tail mixer, just follow what I wrote to the other guy.

Edit: I have just seen you want single stick driving. Sigh, too early for me, lol. I have to check it, but definitely you dont need any hardware.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

I would even settle for dual stick driving. Nothing works but one throttle channel at a time.
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

orntar wrote:I would even settle for dual stick driving. Nothing works but one throttle channel at a time.
I have almost no time now because I am going to work in 10 minutes, but what I always recommend to everybody is to start again from 0, and configuring the radio channel order in the radio setup menu.

If you are european or american (british guys might be an exception) What I recommend to set is TREA, mode 4, and then to create new models. (don't keep the old models, it is more pain to modify the old models than creating new ones)

With this channel order you get the most logic and better control of any config out there.
Ch 1 will be for throttle, and is left stick up and down.
CH 2 will be for steering, and is right stick horizontal.
CH 3 will be for turret rotation, and is left stick horizontal.
CH 4 will be barrel elevation and will be right stick vertical.

Having throtttle in one hand and steering in the other brings you by far the best possible control of any RC vehicle, much better than what most people do of having one stick for driving and the other for turret movements. If you are used to other control at the beginning this seems odd but soon you will feel it natural and wonder why didn't you do it at the beginning.

Also I believe following a logic channel order is important. Many people has throttle in CH3 and steering in god knows which channel. Why is that? Is much better to always have throttle in CH 1 and steering in CH2. No matter if you are driving a tank, a car, a truck, a boat or a plane, throttle always in channel 1 and steering in CH2. With all the other channels you can vary the order for obvious reasons, like a warbird does not have a turret to rotate and barrel to elevate.

Many people say my models are over complicated and it is not possible to remember so many switches, but I always answer the same: All the switches always trigger the same functions in all the models. No matter which electronics I use, Beier, Elmod, Ibu, tamiya, benedini... The switches that trigger the cannon fire, machine guns, lights, start motors and so on, are always the same in all my models, so it is very intuitive to control everything.

About the issue you are having, I have to grab my radio and take a quick look, but that would be probably tomorrow, a 12 hour shift is almost starting for me, sigh...
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Thanks for the detailed write up, I will continue messing with. I tested everything, so I am sure nothing is faulty. Just something in the radio I guess.
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

I tried a replacement receiver to make sure that was not the issue. Still, nothing works.

Can someone look at my otx file to see if something isn't right? Thanks.

-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

when you say ? I have tried everything ? OK, but with a receiver and servos or with direct electronics? because maybe it would already be good to confirm that everything is in order, and that the outputs of the RX are working? after that only my personal opinion remains !!!!
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Yes, I tried the first 4 channels, as that is all I have programmed. Only channel 3 (aeTr) does anything. I can plug in the left esc or right esc into channel 3 and the throttle stick will then control it. I cannot figure out why none of the other stick plugged in anywhere else will move the motors.

I am starting to think that opentx does not work with tracked models or dual motors.
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

orntar wrote:Yes, I tried the first 4 channels, as that is all I have programmed. Only channel 3 (aeTr) does anything. I can plug in the left esc or right esc into channel 3 and the throttle stick will then control it. I cannot figure out why none of the other stick plugged in anywhere else will move the motors.

I am starting to think that opentx does not work with tracked models or dual motors.
There is obviously something very wrong in that model. You should start doing what I told you in my post.

And nope, there is absolutelly nothing better than opentx and erskytx for tracked and dual motors use.

Don't give up!
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:( So if I understand correctly? both ESCs each work on channel 3? and not on the others? on the other hand do some services work on Ch.1 / 2/4 at the same time? as an Esc on Ch.3? which would mean that its outputs are not, or badly programmed
watch on youtube, find a lot of videos explaining the commissioning of this radio
Link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6oOH6z6CyE
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I invite you to follow the advice of "Rad" because he is very competent in this field, look at his blog, see the number of functions of his transmitter

Return to “Radio Gear”