Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
ArchieNov
Recruit

Re: Heng Long TK 7.1 - A LOT OF NEW FEATURES

Post by ArchieNov »

I'm no expert in real tanks, but from the few videos I've seen on Youtube showing the real Leopard tanks shooting their cannons, their barrels do go up after firing and then return to their original position. They don't go parallel to the ground. So I think it works correctly (I use a servo for elevation as well).

My understanding is the reason they move the barrel up is to lower the breech on the inside, making it easier for the tank loader as they don't have to lift the shell as much when reloading.
ArchieNov
Recruit

Post by ArchieNov »

I just got another 7.1 board with the Leo/Abrams sound set. This one is missing the CN2 port like others have reported.

I wonder if this was an earlier batch compared to the Tiger/T90 7.1 board I got months earlier. That board has the CN2 port.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

the newer 7.1s boards we have with the slider trim on the right has no cn2 port either
ArchieNov
Recruit

Post by ArchieNov »

forgebear wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:41 am the newer 7.1s boards we have with the slider trim on the right has no cn2 port either
Ah, so rather than the boards without the CN2 ports being older batches, these are actually the newer ones? I also just got a reply from my seller saying that the manufacturer has eliminated the CN2 port on current and future releases of the 7.1 board. I wonder why though. But to be fair, I've noticed that my 7.1 board runs a lot cooler than my 6.1S did, even when using 3s Lipos. So maybe that's why they thought it was no longer necessary?
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

ArchieNov wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 pm I'm no expert in real tanks, but from the few videos I've seen on Youtube showing the real Leopard tanks shooting their cannons, their barrels do go up after firing and then return to their original position. They don't go parallel to the ground. So I think it works correctly (I use a servo for elevation as well).

My understanding is the reason they move the barrel up is to lower the breech on the inside, making it easier for the tank loader as they don't have to lift the shell as much when reloading.
Yeah you're probably right regarding the Leopard, but my tank is a Leclerc with autoloading so I think it should go parallel to the ground
ArchieNov
Recruit

Post by ArchieNov »

MonsieurTox wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:29 pm
ArchieNov wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 pm I'm no expert in real tanks, but from the few videos I've seen on Youtube showing the real Leopard tanks shooting their cannons, their barrels do go up after firing and then return to their original position. They don't go parallel to the ground. So I think it works correctly (I use a servo for elevation as well).

Yeah you're probably right regarding the Leopard, but my tank is a Leclerc with autoloading so I think it should go parallel to the ground
Oh, I see. I was not aware that is how the Leclerc works. Thank you.

I'm not sure this will solve your problem, but you can try to push the K1 button located on the upper right of 7.1 board itself. Pushing that button changes the direction of the barrel recoil (between going forward or back) and the barrel elevation after firing (between going up or down). Every time you push that button, it will cycle through one of the settings so it's best you have the tank turned on and test fire after each button press so you can see what setting has changed. I'm thinking that changing the barrel elevation setting to go down instead of up after firing will make it seem more like it's going parallel like the way you want it.

If you do try it, please let me know if it solves your issue.

One note of caution though. You might hear the recoil servo struggling when the setting is changed so that the barrel recoil goes forward instead of back. This is because the servo may be trying to push the barrel forward even though it can't anymore. To fix the it, just press the K1 button again so the barrel recoil setting changes back.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

ArchieNov wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:45 am

I'm not sure this will solve your problem, but you can try to push the K1 button located on the upper right of 7.1 board itself. Pushing that button changes the direction of the barrel recoil (between going forward or back) and the barrel elevation after firing (between going up or down). Every time you push that button, it will cycle through one of the settings so it's best you have the tank turned on and test fire after each button press so you can see what setting has changed. I'm thinking that changing the barrel elevation setting to go down instead of up after firing will make it seem more like it's going parallel like the way you want it.

One note of caution though. You might hear the recoil servo struggling when the setting is changed so that the barrel recoil goes forward instead of back. This is because the servo may be trying to push the barrel forward even though it can't anymore. To fix the it, just press the K1 button again so the barrel recoil setting changes back.
Thank you very much, I haven't played with the K1 and K2 so far, thanks for the head up, I will try the K1 button and I'll let you know if it works !
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Well actually I cant get it working, it changes the direction of the recoil but not the reload. I tried also K2, not sure what it is supposed to do but it seems to do nothing. :(
Last edited by MonsieurTox on Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArchieNov
Recruit

Post by ArchieNov »

MonsieurTox wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Well actually I cant get it works, it changes the direction of the recoil but not the reload. I tried also K2, not sure what it is supposed to do but it seems to do nothing. :(
K2 changes the range of motion for the barrel elevation. One setting has a greater range than the other. For example, in my Leo the default range only goes down to parallel at the lowest angle. But at the greater range setting, it can go even lower than that.

As for the K1 button, since it is used to change both the barrel recoil direction and reload direction, you have to press it multiple times to get it to cycle to the right combination. At least that is what I have observed when I used it myself. For example, pressing it will cycle it through the following combinations (not necessarily in the order I show below):
1st press - Recoil forward, Reload up
2nd press - Recoil backward, Reload up
3rd press - Recoil forward, Reload down
4th press - Recoil backward, Reload down
5th press and beyond should just cycle through the combinations again.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

ArchieNov wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:31 pm
MonsieurTox wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Well actually I cant get it works, it changes the direction of the recoil but not the reload. I tried also K2, not sure what it is supposed to do but it seems to do nothing. :(
K2 changes the range of motion for the barrel elevation. One setting has a greater range than the other. For example, in my Leo the default range only goes down to parallel at the lowest angle. But at the greater range setting, it can go even lower than that.

As for the K1 button, since it is used to change both the barrel recoil direction and reload direction, you have to press it multiple times to get it to cycle to the right combination. At least that is what I have observed when I used it myself. For example, pressing it will cycle it through the following combinations (not necessarily in the order I show below):
1st press - Recoil forward, Reload up
2nd press - Recoil backward, Reload up
3rd press - Recoil forward, Reload down
4th press - Recoil backward, Reload down
5th press and beyond should just cycle through the combinations again.
Thank you, I havent seen any difference in range with K2 !
Regarding K1, it seems I only have 2 cycles, I'll try again tomorrow but I pressed K1 ten times or so and the reload was always up, only the recoil was changing.
Thanks again for your help !

Return to “Heng Long”